12- Work This Out

Elle's POV

Say what now? Wanted to see me? What's so special about me? I mean not to sound conceded but...Yea I'm beautiful with a baby and known for being a hero but besides that what could make Aiden want to be around me so much? Please tell me it wasn't a crush, aww poor thing. We've only known each other a few weeks, nearly a month.

"You wanted to see Elle because..." Tom continued and the boy turned red, so red it was painfully. And that's when it hit me, my hand went to my chest. I couldn't let Aiden be humiliated like this in front of me, if I were his crush. This would scar him for the rest of his life. "Because she-"

"I called him out of school." I interjected, as I looked only at Tom. He seemed as shocked believe me he wasn't the only one. Damn near shocked myself with that one! I knew my mouth was open to say something but it was silent. Tom glanced over at Aiden then back at me with a confused look, it melted into a hint of relief. As if I did a good thing pulling him from school.

I was beginning to sense a story behind why this seemed to be a relief, was Aiden being bullied or something? Maybe it's safe to say I'm reading too deep into this. Tom was staring at me, "Why would you call my son out of school?"

"Last night he was talking to me about some trailer he made, and I was so impressed I wanted him to meet a guy who knows a guy who can make movies." I lied so fluently,

Tom was silent, "Show me the trailer," Aiden pulls it out with no problem, Tom watches it before handing it back to me. "Okay fine I'll let it go this time, Aiden go home please."

Sad thing was that I didn't want Aiden to leave, I wanted to scowl his ass for liking me. After waving him goodbye I'm alone with Tom. It made me un-comfortable, sitting alone with this man...without Romeo. Damn where is Romeo?!

"Tom....-"

"I know, I'm being hard on him. It's just that I had so many dreams for him and to find out that he wanted to go to Art School instead of business management. It hurts me,"

I shake my head, "All you can do is show them the way, and love them no matter what. He just wants love Tom, and support. Whether it's good or bad, support him. It'll go a long way. And I promise he'll support you too." He smiles taking my hand,

"You will be a great mother Elle, I feel after our dinner date we should continue...."

"I can't- I have to get going, Romeo and I are thankful for your hostility and won't take up any more of your time. But I do need to get back," I said standing waving bye at Tom before getting out of there.

As soon as I got inside the car, I looked back at Jude. "Did you know Aiden liked me?" He giggled before giggling some more. "Hmm," I start the car and drive to Tom's mansion.

Oh speaking of my current living arrangement, like lightening Romeo packed up my things and shipped me to another part of Tom's estate. His west wing, to be exact. I didn't understand why we needed the space but it's what made Romeo stay so I didn't care. I needed this month to work on myself and the baby.

It's a guest house, 2 rooms, one bathroom, a huge kitchen, small lawn. Very high scale and modern. It's awesome living here,

Making the turns my mind drifted to Aiden. No it was a silly crush, he couldn't really like me could he? Could he really? He's just a 16 year old boy with hormones and teen issues,

I made it through the gate and saw Romeo washing a car, I pulled up to him and rolled down the window. "Hey are you getting paid to wash that car?" He puts his head down, "No Elle,"

"Oh okay," He nods continuing to wash it, and I drive on ahead. And the hardest part about getting out of the car was getting Jude out. It was a complicated system to remove this human being from the damn car.