-106-

Aura's pov:

Back at the inn music played, all had fun dancing, chatting and drinking.

I watched from the corner where our table was with Frigus and Viridi sitting on my lap to be under the table, Amata didn't want to leave them in their room so since I didn't want to dance I offered to keep them with me.

We had left Lapis' home a few days ago and all was like back to normal.

I sighed and drank my viper vine tea, not really wanting to get drunk when I wasn't all 100 capable again, my arm was still held in place by crawling vines wrapped tightly around it to keep my bones from moving, it a few days it would be fine, viper vines help boost the body's regeneration and with a small magical word to them they worked even faster.

Why sigh you wonder, well you can't forget I loved or well still love Amata, that part I'm not sure anymore, and well seeing her happily dancing around with Custos whom looks ready to die because she doesn't wanna do this makes me somewhat sad... That could have been me... Oh but whatever I'll do what I can to keep anyone from hurting them, they deserve each other.

"Aren't you bored here? Sitting and skulking alone in a corner with dragons."

"I'm all fine here, I do not wish to dance really." I took a sip of my tea again.

"Well I suppose, anyhow I came to join you."

"Deus there is no need for that... Go find Dea or Fortis." I was surprised at the pinch of venom in my voice when I whispered that last part, yeah they stuck around with us, Dea because she and Fortis like became forever best friends until they die in less then a day and Deus because she follows Dea around like a guardian, I gathered that they aren't even family but I guess they are as close as family.

They had changed out of those things that could barely be called clothes, Dea had a more feminine version of Fortis' clothes. (like add a black crop top on top and without the shoulder/upper torso armour and bracers)

 (like add a black crop top on top and without the shoulder/upper torso armour and bracers)

Deus was some elegant leather get up since almost all is leather with demons... Why are they so obsessed with leather?!

Her purple hair was brushed back but left free, it looked much shinier cleaned then it did when we first left the cave

I jumped a little and jerked away from the hand touching my ear.

"I'm sorry, does it still hurt?" She asked, tracing the rim of her mug while putting her other hand on the table in front of her and well pushed up her breasts a little without noticing it but well I did.

"No it doesn't anymore." I said, tracing my ear where once there was a point but now was rounded with slightly sensitive scar tissue and sighed deeply.

"Maybe physically it doesn't hurt but mentally?"

"I'm fine."

"Aura I know for a fact you aren't, even if elves deny it their ears are important."

"... Without them am I even an elf? I mean now I'm just a random pretty face I'm no elf."

"Mages are created when a race that doesn't have magic gives up what they are, like a wolf looses their inner beast right?"

"Right? Why ask this?"

"Then did you do that?"

"No why would I?"

"Then you are still an elf even without the tip of your ears, that just serves to show other people what you are but you are the only one that gets to decide who you really are." I snorted and started laughing.

"S-sorry I'm not mocking you I swear on my life." I giggled before I calmed myself and smiled at her. "It's just my mother would say the same thing when I worried that I was just another elf, same like others, and that people would never see that I'm my own person."

"Well heed her words and mine, only you define who you are."

"Yeah... Truly it those help to hear these words, thank you, but the hurt of loosing them will weigh on my shoulders for a while as even if it's stupid I can't truly accept this situation for now."

"Don't worry if no one else then I'll help you carry the weight." She grabbed my hand. "You are not alone."

"Thanks..." I whispered with my other hand on my face, cheeks feeling a bit hot.

"Of course, if we are sticking around we better be friends no?" She chuckled and I did too.

"I suppose so."

"Too our new friendship." She raised her mug and I rolled my eyes but raised my much smaller cup.

"Too our new friendship." She clicked out drinks together and well we talked about anything and everything that came up, I had a really good time I've even forgotten about what was troubling me at the time.