Chapter 1️⃣0️⃣

(Tae's POV)

Sunday passed without any commotion and Monday rolled in eventually. Everything was pretty normal other than the fact that my project partner was absent, “What are you going to do?” Jimin had asked me worriedly. “It's okay...we can do it tomorrow.” I replied carelessly.

Only, that tomorrow didn't come. Jungkook was absent the next day too, “Does he bunk school often?” I asked Jimin. He replied with a positive answer, “That's why there are so many rumours about him...”

So it was pretty natural for me to lose my cool on the last night of the deadline, I decided to finally call him.
The phone kept ringing but was unanswered. I tried again for some more time. No answer. “What is he doing?” I said as I dropped on my bed with a loud thud, “Do I have to do it on my own...” I looked down at my phone, the screen was blank, I sighed, “Guess so...”

Without wasting any more time I gathered all the books, thanking the gods above that I had decided to keep the notes Jungkook worked on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(JK's  POV)

“You two quickly arrange the stuff on that selve! Only 5 minutes are left!” the manager said before he entered the stuff room to get charged.

“Yes boss!” both Yeonjun and I replied at the same time, although my sentence was followed by a cough.

“Hyung... you should rest...” Yeonjun said worriedly.

“It's oka-” another cough, “Amm... maybe I should...” I continued saying while going towards the counter. My head was spinning.

“How did you get this fever anyway?” Yeonjun asked while he carefully arranged all the products in their right places.

I recalled that moment from  Saturday, “Well... I was coming back from a fri- umm classmate's house at ni-”

“Yeah it rained a lot that night...is that how you got ill?”

That prick didn't even let me finish and answered his own question. I opened my mouth to scold him but at that time the door of the convenience store opened and a man walked in, “Could I please get three strawberry popsicles?”

“I'm sorry sir, but we are closing the store now.”

That sentence caused me some serious trouble. Manager hyung walked out right at that time and as soon as the words left my mouth he hit the back of my head, “Yah imma! How dare you talk like that to a customer?!” he said in an irritated tone, “Get him what he wants.” he said to Yeonjun who scurried away to get the popsicles.

“I'm sorry for the inconvenience sir” his voice drastically changed when he spoke to the customer.

“It's okay...” the man replied, looking pitifully at me. I averted my gaze. Oh how I hate that look... Self loathing ate me up as I wordlessly took the money from him.

“Please do come again!” two-faced hyung bowed slightly at the man, who nodded his head curtly and left.

The moment he stepped out of the store, another hit greeted my head. I wiped my face of all emotions when the manager roughly turned my face towards him, “Four days... you were absent for four days and that's how you behave when you finally decide to grace us with your presence?” he nothing but spitted the words at me.

‘I couldn't even get up from my bed because of this stupid fever you idiot!’  I imagined myself replying with that and the assured punches that'd follow my impulsive declaration. Outside my expression remained blank. He'd stop talking soon if I kept my mouth shut, that was something I had learned after many mistakes.

As predicted that git stopped talking and after throwing the key at me with a ‘You open the store tomorrow.’, he left.

“Why the hell is he always being a jerk to you?” Yeonjun's voice reminded me that I wasn't alone in the store, I skilfully controlled the tears that wanted to break free.

“I don't know...” I replied tiredly. But I actually did. The memories of how my classmates had treated me all these years hit me like a truck, crushing me with their painfully heavy weight.

“Okay I'm done! See you tomorrow hyung!” thankful that Yeonjun left I let the tears flow, packing my stuff.

After closing the store door I shoved the key inside my bag and started walking towards my home, rather the place where I live.

Because of all these I forgot to check my phone thus not seeing the numerous missed calls I had.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N. JK's first POV! Yayy or nayyy?