Part 3

"Good afternoon class" Professor Slughorn called out.

Sauntering into class late, again.

"Today we are making a very special potion. Can anyone take a guess as to what it is"

As usual Hermione was the first one with her hand in the air. She's so fucking smart, she'd never go for someone like me Pansy though dejectedly. Blaise nudged her with his elbow.

"Stop staring pans" Blaise whispered.

"You're one to talk"

Slughorn sighed.

"Yes Miss. Granger"

"Amortentia sir"

"Correct Miss. Granger, 5 points to Gryffindor"

Slughorn heaved a large cauldron onto his desk and adjusted the lid on its top.

"In here I have a perfectly brewed batch of amortentia, whipped up by yours truly" he looked around as if expecting applause but gave up on that idea quickly.

"Just form a line and don't eat any"

Slughorn said before plopping down in his chair.

"I wonder what it'll smell like" Ron whispered to Hermione as the walked up to join the line.

"As if you don't know" said Harry sliding up to Ron's other side.

Ron feigned a confused face.

"Mate I sleep one bed away. Oh Blaise, Blaise, harder, harder, ohhhh" Harry moaned before Ron slapped his had over Harry mouth.

His face turning the same colour as his hair.

"A little louder will ya, I don't think Dumbledore heard you" Ron hissed looking around, his face still ablaze.

Harry slapped his hand away smirking. Hermione was holding back her laughter. Ron looked at his two best friends and shook his head.

"I hate both of you" Ron muttered.

Harry placed his hand over his heart.

"Oh no" Harry began looking hurt. "Did Blaise replace us"

And his smirk was back in place. This time Hermione couldn't hold back her laugh.

"Twats"

"Don't you mean pricks" Harry interjected, barely dodging Ron's hand as he took a swing at Harry's head.

Harry stepped behind Hermione and stuck his tongue out at Ron from over her shoulder. Ron huffed and spun around to find that he was in front of the cauldron. Ron leaned over it and inhaled. He was instantly consumed in the wonderful smells of his mums homemade fudge, smoke from a blaiseing fire, mint, pine needles and fresh baked sugar cookies. Ron gasped and jerked his head back. Amortentia to Ron smelt like his home and like Blaise. Ron was completely whipped. Hermione's plan better work. Ron walked back to his seat and placed his red face in his arms just as Hermione was walking up to the cauldron. She leaned over and took a deep breath. She met with some smells she expected, old books and new ink but also a smell she didn't recognize. It was sharp and sweet, probably a perfume, but it wasn't overwhelming. It was a smell Hermione actually quite enjoyed but she hated not knowing where, or who, it was from. She moved her head and walked back to her seat beside Ron. She pulled out a quill, ink, and parchment and started writing down where she could have smelt it before. Once Hermione walked away it was Harry's turn to smell the amortentia, he was just about to step forward when a girl stepped in front of him. He instantly recognized her as MaryJane Smith.

"Hey MJ" he said stepping back, letting her cut in front of him.

"Hey Harry, sorry for cutting. I really need to check something though. You don't mind do you"

"Not at all, what do you need to check"

"Well you know that I'm aromantic right" she said leaning over the cauldron. Harry looked at her dumbly. "Well Ellie said that would cause me not to smell anything"

She continued on talking as she took a deep breath then raised her head smirking.

"I told her she was wrong cause I can still feel love, just have no desire for a romantic relationship." MaryJane shot Harry a satisfied smile. "I was right, thanks for letting me cut in front Harry"

"Anytime MJ" Harry mumbled, still confused by what MaryJane had said. "Bye" he called to her retreating back.

She brought her hand up and slightly waved without turning around.

"Would you hurry up already Potter" a voice drawled out behind him.

Harry sighed and turned to face Draco. He was instantly hit with a wave of his cologne and hair gel, a sickening combination. Harry gaged.

"Merlins beard Malfoy, did you bathe in that cologne this morning"

Draco just rolled his eyes.

"At least I bathe, you still reek of dirt and sweat from your quidditch practice this morning"

"Stalking me now are you Malfoy"

"Sod off potter"

Harry rolled his eyes at Draco who simiply looked at him with a bored expression. His eyes look really nice today, like pale blue pieces of ice- Merlin's hairy balls I did not get enough sleep last night. Harry shook these thoughts from his head and walked up to the cauldron. He leaned over and inhaled. Even this my head in this pot and can still smell stupid Malfoy's cologne, he really needs to wear less of that. Harry tried to focus more on the other smells. He could smell broom polish and fresh air after a rainstorm. Malfoy's stupid hair gel scent had also wormed its way up Harry's nose and was lingering in the potion but underneath was Molly's fresh baked cookies. Harry straightened up and walked back to his friends. One of whom was hiding his very red face in his arms and the other who had Pansy's name written on some paper and was staring at it like it was a complex puzzle. Harry opened his mouth to ask but thought better of it and took his seat silently. All three of them contemplating the smells of the potion.