Part 1

"Dammit" Ron mumbled under his breath.

He dropped back down onto his flat feet and stared up at the book just out of his. I'm six fucking feet and I can't reach a book he thought miserably. He groaned and went back up onto his tippy toe his fingers just grazing the bottom of the book. Suddenly Ron felt a body press against his. Ron inhaled and was met by a pleasant combination of mint and pine needles with a warmth underneath like that of fresh baked sugar cookies. The body stepped back and Ron turned around to see Blaise Zabini smirking as he leafed through the book.

"You know" Blaise started, raising his eyes from the book. "You could've used Wingardium Leviosa to get that right"

Ron crossed his arms at him.

"Well... you could've too"

Blaise smirked again.

"But then I wouldn't be able to show off my height"

Ron sighed and looked up at Blaise. The boy had grown over the summer and now stood over Ron at a height of 6'3.

"You're not that much taller than me" Blaise raised his eyebrows at Ron and held up the book.

"So should I just put this back then or..."

"Ugh just give it" Said Ron snatching the book from Blaise's grasp.

"Touchy touchy weasel" Blaise said before swinging his bag over his shoulder and walking off.

Ron looked at the back of the retreating boy then back at the book in his hand. Hmmm maybe Zabini isn't so bad, he did still call me weasel though. Blaise had just exited the library when Pansy approached him.

"Hey Blaise I was looking for you"

"Well you found me" Blaise said walking past her, she had to jog to keep up with his long legs so he slowed down a bit.

"What do you need Pansy" Blaise asked looking down at the shorter girl.

She stopped walking looked around nervously.

"I don't think Hermione likes me, like at all"

Blaise sighed and shook his head.

"And why's that Pans"

"Well I tried talking to her today and she just gave me a disgusted look and told me to leave her alone before walking off" Pansy whined.

"Well what did you say to her"

"I simply asked her what she was reading"

Blaise sighed again.

"And how did you ask her that"

Pansy stomped her foot and crossed her arms.

"I'm not the problem here B, it's that stupid Granger who thinks she's too good for me. Well I'll show her" Pansy said before marching off down the hall.

I should probably stop her Blaise thought before walking off the other way.

(Time skip a few days because I'm lazy as hell)

Ron had been sitting at a table in the library for the past hour looking at the first paragraph of his essay. It was for potions and due the next day but Ron has always sucked at writing.

"Could this day get any fucking worse"

"Language weasel" Blaise said sitting down across from him.

"Dear merlin that was a rhetorical question" Ron said to the ceiling.

Blaise just laughed.

"I'm sure you'll find I can be quite the blessing at times weasel"