jealousy (turning saints into the sea 😏)

Nadia grabbed me by my wrist and yanked me toward the nearest room. She pushed me in and locked it behind us. She explained her situation to me, begging me to listen.

I felt bad so I told her I would.

"So, what do I do?" She asked me excitedly.

I just shrugged, "I have no clue."

"I just want him to notice me. Come on Lauren, he's your brother's friend! You have to have some clue." Nadia begged.

"I have no clue, like I already told you. Just go for it." I said, not interested at all in helping her.

"What's your problem Lauren? You've been a bitch to me ever since I started talking about Hayden!" Nadia said.

"You're my problem!" I snapped, leaving the girl alone in the room.

1 week before the party...

I felt something hit my ankle. Mr. Brightside had his back turned to the class, so I took it as an opportunity to see what hit me.

It was a crumpled up piece of paper. I looked up at Nadia, to see her gesturing toward it. I sighed and picked up the note.

I opened it, reading through our previous conversation.

this lesson is boring - nadia

ik, but i've skipped the class too many times. - lauren

lol if u fail i'll be all alone as a junior :( - nadia

don't say that, it hurts my confidence - lauren

That's what I had written last, so I read the next line of writing.

you have every reason to be confident, you're literally SUPER pretty. if i were a guy i would totally hit that. besides your smarter than me in like, EVERY class we share. - nadia

I smirked at her response. My heart skipped a beat at her words and I mentally cursed myself, trying to tell myself that I shouldn't feel this way about a girl, much less a girl whose straight AND my best friend.

I decided to get out of my head and write back.

*you're. also you as a GUY would be hot. it would be interesting, but still hot. - lauren

I threw it at her head. She jumped and immediately closed her sketchbook of secrets. I had named it that because nobody has seen that sketchbook except her ex, Darius Marcell. They're best friends now, and him and I are really close, but not even he will tell me what's in there. Not even her sister Ruby, Nadia's very close to her, had seen it.

She opened it and skimmed the paper for a few seconds before smiling. She began writing again. And before I knew it, she had thrown the paper back at me. I knew Mr. Brightside was probably watching us, and I looked up to see him staring at me. We made eye-contact and he waved at me to just keep going. His lesson ended early and I was one of his more favored students, so I never got in trouble in his class.

I opened it and my heart started beating rapidly at the words on the paper.

aww, so does that mean you think i'm hot as just myself too? anyways, there's a party next Friday that we should def go to. i know your brother will be there, and i wanna go to see hayden ;) - nadia

I wrote back, threw the paper, and left because the bell had rung.

i'll be there, as long as you hang out w me most of the time. i don't wanna seem lonely :( - lauren (P.S. yes, you are really beautiful nadia)