Extra Chapter: Meet the In-Laws - Part 1

2 months, 1 week after Soleen and Luna's birth... 

Earth-Kindred Space Station - near the Earth's moon

Resident Area, Sector A-101

Warring:

"Yes.... But Da, we are just beginning to settle into... I am aware.. Yes..." I sighed raggedly before nodding. "Very well; I'll ask Strike and our bride."

I pulled out the Think-Me off my head and set it into a compartment and pressed a button to conceal it.

I can feel the exasperation of your voice from here brother and the kitchen is far from where you are.

My brother joked but sobered when I growled at him.

It's our Das...and Mumzelle. They want to meet Samira and have been demanding that we visit them as soon as possible.

We have not had a lot of alone time with our wife lately because she was recovering from delivering the twins.

The birth of our two girls was a shock and a blessing to our family. One of the myriad reasons is that this is the first in recorded history that Twin female Kindred were born.

When we broke the news to our parents; they were insistent in meeting our wife and of course, their grandchildren.

Surely they can understand that we want some alone time with our new girls and even resume our night time activities with our wife now that the two month recovery period has passed.

"Our wife will be home in a few hours, we can discuss what to do after dinner." Strike drawled out as came out of the kitchen, holding a fresh pot roast. "Let's set up. Al is also coming home soon; You know how hungry he gets these days."

Soon enough, after we set the table. Our son came inside, tossed his bag aside and reverted to his "Ellesian" form, his tail wagging at the smell of a hot meal as he greeted us.

Soon enough a few more minutes, our wife walked in and her delicious scent wafted through the air and both of us stiffened at the mouthwatering
the smell of her.

Her short permed bob cut bounced lightly as she smiled when I hugged her first, savoring her scent buried against her neck.

Our bond connection kicked in and I felt her fighting her fatigue and exhaustion from work replaced by a moment of peace and warmth when I touched her.

"Hey... No hogging her." my brother murmured as he tugged her waist and I let go letting my brother embrace her. "Well...seems like you had a fuckin' rough day love."

"You have no idea." she sighed, her voice was wane like she could not muster much of it. "Work has piled up while I was on maternity leave. Every day I face meetings, requests for our produce catalogs from different emissaries, representatives & messenger androids. I think I need a vacation after a few months."

Her soft voice and the way she slumped against my brother's arms made me think of my Da's words.

Therefore, I spilled the beans during dinner time.

That my parents are requesting that we visit them in two month's time because they have been dying to meet her and see our kids.

------------------------------------------

"I don't know guys.... I mean....Will the Council even let me go after just returning to work?" our wife was wondering out loud as she relaxed while Strike's hands massaged her shoulders in the privacy of our bedroom.