Chapter 6 - Confirmation

Pulling my white tee over my head I rushed to the front door, almost tripping over my own flats. Cursing under my breath I opened the door, revealing a confused Brandon.

"You okay there, Em?"

"No." I kicked my flats aside and walked into the living room, "I almost broke my neck by tripping over my own freaking shoes."

Brandon followed after me, taking a seat on the couch while he shrugged off his jacket. Throwing at aside he shifted his gaze to me, "We need to talk."

I was standing across him, awkwardly, feeling like this conversation was going to drain all my energy I took a seat next to him, shifting so I could look him in the eyes.

"I figured that much. So where do you want to start?"

"Nick." Brandon threw back at me like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"What about Nick?" I asked, playing dumb.

I knew very well what Brandon was asking me, but honestly, I had no idea where I was standing with Nick. He enjoyed my company, he admitted that. Our movie and dinner date went well, we made out on the couch after dinner, completely ignoring the screams of people who were getting brutally murdered in the movie. Things were heating up when Nick suddenly excused himself, mumbling something about a breakfast meeting. I didn't hear from him after that. It was like he regretted going that far with me.

"Don't, Emily."

Brandon rarely referred to me as Emily, he only did it when he was dead serious or scolding me. Right now he was definitely scolding me, sounding impatient, like he was dealing with a stubborn four-year-old.

I leaned back against the couch, letting out a tired sigh, "In all honesty, Brandon, I'm completely clueless when it comes to that man. One minute he is all over me, the next it seems he can't stand being around. I don't understand him at all."

"What happened?" Brandon narrowed his eyes at me.

"Nick made me dinner last night. Afterward, we made out on the couch and when things were getting good he suddenly up and left. No explanation whatsoever. "

Brandon looked disgusted, "This couch?" He pointed to where he was sitting.

"Yes."

Brandon scrunched his nose, "Then I guess I have to be grateful Nick was being a gentleman."

"What?"

"It's obvious, isn't it? You were putting out for him, yet he didn't take his chance. There is no way in hell a guy would let that chance slip by. He was being a gentleman because he cares."

That never crossed my mind, but what also never would have crossed my mind was the fact that Brandon would admit that to me. He never made excuses about how he felt about my attraction to Nick. He didn't like it. That might be why he looked like he bit into something sour.

"That or he is a fucking idiot," Brandon muttered.

"For not taking his chance?" I asked amused.

"For not seeing how fucking amazing you are."

What he told me didn't process right away when it did process Brandon didn't give me time to question him about it. He got up instantly, shrugging his jacket back on and moving out of the room. It was like the whole scene was replaying itself, only now it was Brandon who was rushing out of the room instead of Nick. Getting to my feet as well I quickly followed after him.

"Brandon?"

He turned on his heels, suddenly facing me, "He better appreciate what he has, the reason why he backed off yesterday better be because he cares about you. If not and he is being cocky about already having you he'll regret it."