Chapter 19 - The Premiere

Today was premiere day and even though I was planning on cornering Anna at the premiere, I also wanted to have a good time. It would be the first event I'd attend without Nick. Evan and Michael, the security guard, would be by my side the entire time, but it was still different attending such an event without my Nick.

Smiling I felt two strong arms wrap around me, Nick was messing up my silver dress which cost a small fortune. A gift from my generous boyfriend who got pretty angry when I tried to refuse it. He wanted to give me pretty things and got offended when I denied him.

Nick tightened his grip around my waist, leaned in and pressed a kiss to my temple. I smiled at him as I met his gaze in the mirror.

"You look absolutely beautiful."

I held his gaze in the mirror, "You think so?" I swirled a finger through one of my curls, "Is it too much?"

"Too much?" He asked amused, "You're perfect." He kissed my temple once more and finally released me, "You sure you want to do this?"

I turned around, wrapping my arms around his neck, "I want to do this." I told him firmly, "It is going to be fun, Nick. I never attended a premiere before. Don't worry about me."

He sighed, "I'm always going to worry about you. I thought you realized that by now."

I knew Nick was very protective of me, he had been like that since the day we met. Back then he was cold and distant, but slowly he melted, showing not only me but also his friends his caring side. Now that we saw that side of him we didn't want to let it go.

I loved my Nick and I never wanted to share him with anyone else. I'd make that clear today, Anna would understand she had no chance. Nick was mine and I'd never let go of him.

"And I'll always worry about you." I stood on my toes and kissed him softly on the lips, "I love you."

He smiled, his eyes wandering from my eyes to my lips. I could see the change in his eyes, but we didn't have the time and I didn't want to ruin my dress. Pushing him playfully aside, I shook my head at him.

"No way, I put a lot of effort into my look today." I reached for my clutch and checked it to make sure I had everything, "Evan will be by my side the entire time. Michael will be there too, will it make you worry less?"

"Slightly."

Walking past my concerned boyfriend, I headed to the living room where Michael was already waiting for me. Nick had a quiet word with Michael, probably to threaten him to take care of me.

When he was done threatening a now very pale looking Michael, Nick headed to me and grabbed my hand in his, pulling me to him.

"If you get tired or you don't feel well you need to tell Michael, okay? I want you safe and sound back home with me." He kissed the inside of my wrist and inhaled the sweet scent of my perfume, "You are torturing me." He whispered to me.

Smiling I ran a hand over his tie, "When I get back I'll make sure to show my sweet, sexy boyfriend how much I love him." I giggled when Nick grunted and pulled me even closer to him, "I can't wait." I kissed him once more, this time a lot harder. When I felt Nick really getting into it, I pulled away, "See you tonight, baby."

I left the apartment together with Michael, the security guard leading me to the car, his hand firmly pressed against my back. He took his job very seriously, I was sure Nick's threats must have scared the crap out of him. I stayed close to him though, I didn't want to upset Nick more than I had to.

I climbed into the backseat, smiling when I met Evan's gaze. He seemed excited to go to this premiere, I couldn't quite match his excitement though. I had no idea how Anna would react, but I hoped I could reach her sanity.