Chapter 5: "Unconditionally"

AT LAST!!!! I AM HERE WITH A NEW CHAPTER!!!!!!
I think i spent... a month or so, trying to get myself to write something for wattpad. Now it is here :) I don't care about the votes. I'll be collecting them once I finish the story, but thy are all much appreciated, including the comments. I try to reply ro each one, but if I forget pwease don't be mad :3
ALSO: Every idea (if i don't use it in a story I shall write a one shot around the theme) is appreciated and so are your opinions and everything else.
PPS: The Author's Note might get deleted

THanks for your support,
Please enjoy the story,
MJPaAnda
------------------------DISCLAIMER----------------------------------------------------

I do not own MerlinxArthur (though I would like to *-*)

Merlin and Arthur belong to their rightful owners (Merlin- Hunith and Balinor, Arthur- Uther and Igraine) they belong to each-other and the human history.

The idea of the story belongs to me, but the used names are the idea from BBC and once again human history. The places used belong to Mother Nature.

-----------------------------------------------
Song from the title is: "Unconditionally" by BoyEpic (originaly by Katty Perry)
------------------------------------------------

Merlin's POV

In attempt to recover his strength and his "man pride", Arthur decided to organize a hunt with a group of his freshly recruited knights not even a day after his one week long leave from Camelot. He wasn't even trying to pay attention when I told him that it might be dangerous. Who was I kidding anyway? He heals faster than a Self-healing Axolotl. The morning we rode off, not even the smallest scratch was left from all of the many arrows he was pierced with the day before.

Normal POV

The hunt went according to Arthur's plans. They caught a lot of animals and it was only the first day. Arthur tried his best to keep his focus on the hunting, both his and the other men's. He knew he had to be an example for his knights, but this time a certain Warlock was on his mind. He could not ignore the fact that Merlin was not as loud as he usually was when they were hunting, trying to scare off the innocent animals and he wasn't very talkative either. When they finally stopped and decided to put up a camp, the king was looking forward to a chance at a break and talking to his manservant about what was bothering him. Both of them.

The campfire was lit, their belongings secured, food was cooked and they were soon having a real knight party including lots of drinking and eating.

While Arthur was happily chatting with his friends, he realized that the one he and others were usually mocking, was nowhere to be seen. With worry in his mind, he scanned all of the surroundings. After a few turns, his eyes stopped on Merlin, who was leaning on a tall tree quite a big distance from the others. He picked up his bowl of soup and carried it with him next to the lone raven.

Merlin caught a glance of a pair of brown boots and recognized those immediately.

Merlin: "Is there something bothering you, sire?" he asked nicely and lifted his head to look in Arthur's direction.

Arthur: "I should be the one asking you that. Soup?" he said and then put the bowl in front of Merlin's face.

Merlin: "No, thanks," he denied the king's "gift" which caused Arthur to let out a sigh. He sat next to Merlin and ate the soup himself. He could not help but notice, that the laughing and chatting from the knights was barely heard from the distance and having their backs turned to the ruckus only blocked it even more.

Arthur: "What's been bothering you, dear maiden?" he asked softly after swallowing.

Merlin: "Nothing sire," he said with a grimace. "I'm perfectly fine," Merlin tried his best to deny the subjects he wasn't yet capable to openly talk about. He was not ready to tell the truth about anything. Not Arthur's peculiar recoveries or who he fancied for that matter.