Chapter 4: "King and Lionheart"

---------------------DISCLAIMER----------------------------------------------------

I do not own MerlinxArthur(thought I would like to *-*)

Merlin and Arthur belong to their rightful owners (Merlin- Hunith and Balinor, Arthur- Uther and Igraine) they belong to each-other and the human history.

The idea of the story belongs to me, but the used names are the idea from BBC and once again human history. The places used belong to Mother Nature.

---------------------------------------------------------
the song is: "King and Lionheart" by Of Monsters and men
-----------------------------------------------

Normal POV

Merlin: “I’ll find him, come clean and bring him home.”

Gaius: “Don’t be a fool merlin! You said yourself that it wasn’t a good idea to tell him.”

Merlin: “No. Arthur HAS to know the truth. He HAS to know that he’s immortal. His wounds heal even faster than I imagined they would. The cut on his arm was gone in a single day if I recall right.”

Gaius: “It is suspicious indeed, but knowing the truth won’t stop it or make it any better. It would only endanger his thinking of men mortality and make him unreasonable.”

Merlin: “I’m OK with it.”

Gaius: “That Merlin is entirely different. Your ETERNAL is not the same as Arthur’s.”

Merlin: “Both of us are bound to spend our eternity here. We’re trapped in the same body. No death. No afterlife.”

Gaius: “It is not the same.”

Both men went quiet not really sure what was the next thing either of them was going to say. Gaius sat down already calmed and decided not to raise his voice. He understood how hard it was for Merlin to let Arthur be on his own. He spent his whole life in Camelot WITH the noisy King.

Merlin shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He could feel the tension rise as Gaius waited for him to continue telling him about what was bothering him.

Gaius: “There is nothing you can do right now.”

Merlin :”Tell me where he is and I’ll bring him back! UNHARMED.”

Gaius: “You know I can’t,” he said, shaking his head. “I promised the King himself that I won’t tell you.”

Merlin angrily screamed into his palms and then stormed out of the room, leaving the old magician speechless and worried for the young Warlock.

Merlin’s POV

In attack of anger, I ran to the only place where I usually found help: caves under the kingdom.

As I made my way down the old cellar, I remembered the day when Arthur ordered the knights to seal the doors leading to the cave. I remembered how I had to kneel in front of Arthur and beg him to leave the cave untouched.

Merlin: “Please, Arthur! You can’t do that to me! It’s important to me!! Kilgharrah was my friend!! He helped me when no one was there for me!!”

I can still remember the look on Arthur’s face as he finally listened to my words and saw the tears on my face.

Arthur: “Alright! Cancel the sealing!”

Sir Leon: “Sire?”

Arthur: “From now on, that cave is under Merlin’s watch. Upon entering it, it is Merlin’s call to decide what will happen to the intruder.”