Chapter Two

It was finally time for Mayhem fest. I was stoked. I was even more stoked because of our new keyboardist. She was fucking awesome. Her and I had been hanging out a lot lately. She was just like me, fucking crazy.

She had expressed to me that she was nervous about playing live. I understood, I was too my first few times playing live. I told her it gets easier, once the crowd starts cheering and singing along, the nerves go away. The adrenaline kicks in, and everything else seems to go away. That was the beauty of playing live, all yours problems seem to fade away for awhile. It was the greatest of escapes.

The bus came and picked us up and we were off the the venue. We were playing a home town venue, which was a great kick off to the tour. Usually, home town crowds are the rowdiest.

We got to the venue and I showed Cyndy how things work. I showed her how to load and unload our equipment. I showed her our merch tent and she met our merch boy. Then, we finally made it to sound check. Our roadies got out equipment set up and strummed a few notes on the guitar.

"Checking. 1,2,3." I said into the microphone.

Matt began to bang on the drums a bit, and our bassist Kayla strummed as well. Luke and Derek also began playing a few chords. I looked at Cyndy and she took a deep breath. She began playing a few keys, and before long she was playing a bunch of keys. The melody she was playing was beautiful.

"Did you make that up?" I asked.

"Yeah." She laughed nervously.

"That was amazing. You have real talent." I say.

"Thank you. You guys do as well!" She complimented back.

I smiled and went up to her. I laid a hand on her shoulder and guided her off the stage. I let my guitar down and and continued to walk.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"To scope out the cuties on this tour." I say.

"Oh, who all is playing?" She asked.

"Motionless in white, Chelsea Grin, Avenged Sevenfold, Avatar, Miss May I, and a few others." I listed.

She stopped and starred at me with wide eyes.

"What did I say?" I laughed.

"Avenged is playing this tour?" She asked.

"Yeah. They're headlining it this year." I say confused.

"I remember seeing them when the headlined Mayhem a few years ago." She said.

"Me too. I saw them in Atlanta. Front row in front of Zacky." I say.

"No way. I did too! But, I was in between Zacky and Matt." She explained.

"No way dude! You must've been like two people away from me!" I exclaimed.

"That's crazy!" She laughed.

"Come on. Lets do find them." I say.

"Find them? And do what?" She asked.

"Hang out with them. I've actually met them a couple times since we are on the same label. Ill introduce you." I say with a smirk.

She gave me a worried look and I guided her to the Avenged bus. Sure enough, Zacky, Johnny and Syn were outside smoking.

"Hey, Brandy!" Johnny and Zacky greeted.

"Hey guys!" I say with a smile.

"Well, who's this?" Syn asked.

"This is Cyndy. She is our new keyboardist." I say.

"What happened?" Johnny asked.

"She left for another band. No worried though. Cyndy's better anyway, and I better fit for us and our sound." I explained.

"Yeah. I like her better too. She's prettier." Syn said.

I glanced at Cyndy and she was blushing a bit.

"Anyways, I'm Zacky." He said as he held out his hand.

"Cyndy." She smiled shaking his hand.

"Johnny." He said doing the same.

"I'm Syn, but you can call me Brian." He said smoothly.

"Nice to meet you." Cyndy smiled.

I chuckled at Syn and rolled my eyes.

"We are going to grab something to eat. We will catch you before the show?" I asked.

"Yeah for sure." Zacky said with a smile.

I smiled and waved and walked off with Cyndy closely on my heels.

"Oh my god." She said freaking out.

"That's Syn for you." I say.

"Why don't you call him Brian?" She asked.

"Only certain people can." I explain.

"Uh, and I'm so special why?" She asked.

"He finds you attractive. Not only did he say it, but his ego really showed when you approached him." I say.

"I see. Zacky likes you." She said.

"Oh yeah? How can you tell?" I ask.

"The way he looks and smiles at you. It's obvious." She laughed.

"We'll see." I shrugged my shoulders.

"What? He's so your type!" Cyndy whined.

"Maybe. But, I have my sights set on someone else as well." I say.

"Oh?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"You see. I always make a list of guys who tour with me and I slowly go through that list till I find the one I like the most." I explained.

"Makes sense." She said.

"Besides, makes touring more fun. You should try it. Don't just stick to Syn. Besides, if they really want you, seeing you with other guys, will make them try harder for you." I continued.

"And that would be really fun to see. Ill give it a shot." She smirked.

"I knew there was something about you I liked when I first saw you." I laughed.

Not too long had passed before it was show time. We hung out backstage as Motionless and Chelsea grin played through their sets. I chatted a little bit with Avenged with Cyndy.

That quickly ended as too now it was our time to play. Motionless ran off the stage and immediately the roadies were breaking down and setting up the equipment. Cyndy began to look really nervous and I gave her a pep talk and a hug. I believed in her, I saw what she can do. She'd be just fine.

The stage grew dark and Matt creeped up to his drums and sat down. Sirens began to blare from the speakers as that was our intro to our first song "Runaways". Cyndy took her place at her keyboard and one by one we ran out. I was the last one out and took place on the center platform. The sirens still blared and fog rolled across the stage. Matt began the opening drums.

"YOU WON'T CONTROL ME!" I screamed as the guitars entered.

The crowd screamed and hollered as the lights came on revealing us. I hopped off the center platform and made my way between two platforms and bent down to get in the crowds faces.

Throughout the coarse of our set, I looked at Cyndy. By the third song she was really into it. We had introduced her after the first song and the crowd seemed to like her. She was totally in her zone and playing every key perfectly. It was one of the best shows we had played.

The energy from the crowd was amazing. We ended up doing a unexpected encore, which has never happened before. After the encore we ran backstage and I instantly jumped into Cyndy's arms hugging her.

"YOU DID FUCKING AMAZING!" I exclaimed.

"Thank you! That was amazing! You were right the nerves went away!" She exclaimed back.

I hopped out of we arms and chugged a bottle of water.

"You did really great out there. Brandy was right for choosing you as the keyboardist." I overheard Syn say to Cyndy.

I smirked to myself and headed for the buses. Tonight, was a well needed party.