The Dreaming

Gamesh lay in the stinking sewers of Deneb.  He turned his mind to recovering his strength.  Gone were the features of the human, K'Emchek.  As Gamesh lay in a dank, dark tunnel, he remembered his scars, his tattoos, his beard, his braided hair and his long canine teeth.  And, he remembered his right arm, his right side and his right leg.  In his mind's eye those were what he saw.

It seemed like an eternity that he lay there.  Drinking water running down the walls and taking in whatever was in that water.  In his mind he dreamt it was blood... the life blood he had lost.

In a twilight world between dreaming and reality, he drifted.

And then, in his dream, came the girl.

With his eyes closed he saw a swirling mist and from the mist the face of Eylana took shape.  He knew it was not Eylana, but that was who he saw, so that was who she was.

Eylana was there before him, beckoning him to follow her.  She floated over a sea, with rolling waves, that were headed towards the End of The World.  And Gamesh floated behind her.  Beneath them swam karrack eels and the fins of gamora fang fish cut the steel grey waters.  And, there, at last was the island.  A great grey tooth sticking up from the grey jaws of the sea:  Chenga.

Gamesh had never seen Chenga, but he knew what he saw. 

Eylana, or the woman who had given him the gift of life beyond death and the ability to change who he was... she needed him to go to Chenga.

Gamesh woke and looked at his body.  He lay covered in filth.  His right arm and leg were there, but withered away.  He began to wonder just what was real and what was in his mind.

But he knew what he had to do.