47..

//Luke's POV//

"Why isn't she responding?!" Calum says suddenly, pressing various buttons angrily on his phone.

A half an hour has passed, and both my feet have fallen asleep. Ashton and I have switched spots, making him the one to hold the door closed. The clock above us, busily ticks away, notifying that time seems to be passing by too slow.

"Who?" Ashton asks, yawning.

"Delilah. I've been texting her this whole time, but she won't reply." Calum sighs, sending a spam of texts to her number. "I hope they're alright." He adds.

That's the same class Sam's in.. Whatever this is bullshit, I still have my trust with Mr. Watson.

"Oh wait, look she's calling me." Calum half grins, relieved to see her name shine upon his phone screen, follow by little heart emojis trailing behind.

He slides the screen, and puts the device up to his right ear.

"Hey babe. I was just-"

He stops there, focused on the sounds coming out of the other line. Even in the darkness, Ash and I can see the worried crease form in the middle of his forehead. His breath becomes a shaky pattern, when his call goes on. Calum doesn't speak at all.

Immediately, he gets up heading for the door.

"You have to let me go." He begs, trying to get passed Ashton.

"We're not going to risk losing you." Ashton says without flinching.

" BUT I CAN'T JUST SIT HERE AND DO NOTHING! I CAN'T LEAVE THIS ROOM KNOWING.. knowing.." Calum pauses, and sinks to the floor beside us. He hands us the phone still on call, and puts it on speaker. Right away, I can hear crying and Mr. Watson talking.

"Please, don't do this James. I've been your teacher all this year, what are you trying to get at?" Mr. Watson continues, finally revealing the clues.

"James Lancaster? That strange guy that stares at everyone? Son of a bitch, I wouldn't have guessed him of all people.." Ashton mumbles.

You mean a strange boy whom I've never met, possibly has a gun or something, is in the same room as my girlfriend?

Next thing I know I'm on my knees, begging with Calum to have us leave this room.

"No way. I'm not losing you guys." Ashton pouts stubbornly.

"You're not going to lose us Ash.." I sigh, now thinking of the risks we're taking.

Calum tries getting past Ashton, pushing the door. It's no use, when his hands still on the metal knob.

" OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR ASHTON." Calum half screams, half demands. "I swear to god I will never forgive you if you don't-"

A loud bang interrupts him on the phone, another gunshot. Followed by Sam's screaming. I can tell it's hers, because I heard her scream during the cafeteria fight.

"Don't you dare shoot any of them." someone calls out, who I assume comes to save the day. Another gunshot is let out, making Sam and Delilah cry out a familiar name.

"MICHAEL!" they both shriek in unison, as another thump becomes audible. Before any of us can blink, the call ends.