27..

//Sam's POV//

It's almost midnight and all I've done is ignore Delilah's calls and watch The Breakfast Club over and over again. I'm sad to say this is how I'd rather spend my Friday night, than go to some party. It's always the same routine when it changes to a weekly thing. Delilah and I get there. She gets drunk and I'm the one to hold her hair when the alcohol starts to kick in.

Now she's probably at home, calling my cell one too many times.

Twentieth missed calls, times the charm I guess?

I lay on the couch in the living room watching the Eat My Shorts scene, when I hear a knock on the door.

My mom's busy snoring away and Ben's fast asleep dreaming about the latest Marvel superhero. Part of me doesn't want to walk there, the other says "Who the hell would come by your house at midnight?" I walk to the door with pure hesitation, and open it.

"Can Sam come out to play?" Ashton smiles.

Michael and Calum are in the front yard, chasing each other while riding on their bikes.

I'm almost too ashamed to be seen in my beaten down bunny slippers and oversized tee with shorts. Ashton doesn't seem to mind. When he steps closer to the light, I see that he's just wearing sweatpants and the weirdest looking purple shirt ever..

Overwhelmed, I go straight to whatever angle they're playing at.

"What's the special occasion, Irwin?" I roll my eyes.

"Oh nothing, really. We just wanted to know if you wanted to grab some food at Sue's diner?" He explains.

I swear when it comes to meeting with these three. It's about food, Luke, or just plain coincidence.

Speaking of Luke.. I don't see his car anywhere.

"I'm not sure if biking in my pajamas is something people want to see." I say, playfully.

"Hilarious, truly." He banters back,"but not to worry, Calum's wearing teenage mutant ninja turtle pj's and Michael's wearing shorts and a Pokemon shirt so..."

"Then in that case, I'll go grab my bike. Let's head over to Sue's!" I shout, grabbing a sweater before heading outside.

This is going to be interesting.. A midnight bike ride to the town's best diner with these dorks.

...

Within the first five minutes of sitting in a booth, we decide to all get French toast with a side of bacon. Fortunate for us, is that we're the only ones here as customers. The cooks and waitresses seem to be out of it. They're moving slower than how a zombie would.

While we wait for the food to arrive, we talk about a bunch of random things. Michael wants to dye his hair again. He might as well just make it all the hair colors that exist, before he loses all of it. I've also learned that Calum loves soccer. Ashton being the one to sit next to me, quietly sips his cup of chocolate milk. Out of nowhere he stops, and yells in my ear that it's a chocolate milk party. For some reason, Calum and Mike seem to find it rather funny.

As soon as the last plate, which is mine, touches the wooden surface Michael finally tells the truth.

Of course. It had to be about Luke..

"Sam, give him another chance." Michael pleads, in between bites.

"He's sorry for everything he did." Calum adds.

"and will you please, just forgive him?" Ashton ends.

I'm under the impression that they rehearsed all of this beforehand.

Being the person I am, I answer their question with a question of my own.

"Where is Luke?"

They look at each other, then to me. Then back to each other. Calum coughs uncomfortably, and speaks for all three of them.

Apparently none of them can give me the answer, as to where Luke is at the moment. They just tell me that I need one thing to worry about.

"Rethink your decision of avoiding us at school on Monday. You'll regret it."

a/n

IM TRYING SO HARD TO WRITE EACH CHAPTER IN HALF AN HOUR EVERY DAY.

IDK IF I'LL BE ABLE TO UPDATE :(

I'll try to, I promise. Love youu xx