Chapter Twenty-One

Eight years had passed. All of the shinobi nations went through tough times: together they reunited and defeated Orochimaru and Kabuto during the Fourth Shinobi War.

Now there were rumours and gossip about a new reformed village: Uzushiogakure. During the war, they had shown immense power and abilities and had been a powerful aid to the five shinobi nations. Many say that because of Uzushio, especially the mysterious new Uzukage, the war was won, much to Iwa's displeasure.

However, the only allies they had was Suna. Now many of the other shinobi nations, both major and minor ones, had sought to seek an alliance with Uzushio. All except for Konoha.

During these years, the Rookie 12, (including Sai), had changed. Sasuke was less stoic and he was promoted to ANBU captain. Sakura had been working at the hospital as one of the head medics.

Sai, with the help of Ino surprisingly, had developed his emotions and now they were dating. Ino continued working at her family's flower shop. Choji had met Karui during a mission to Kumo and they were dating while Shikamaru and Temari were a couple as well.

Temari had moved to Konoha to be with Shikamaru and was now working as one of the leading strategists for the Hokage along with Shikamaru.

Kiba was a bit less impulsive and he had also been dating Tamaki for a while. Shino was teaching at the academy. Hinata had now gotten over her crush on Naruto and thought of him as an inspirational brother figure instead. Surprisingly, she had also gotten over her stuttering habit and became more outgoing.

Lee was still the same optimistic boy with his proclamations of youth. TenTen had started dating Neji and together, they ran a weapon shop.

Asuma and Kurenai now had a daughter called Mirai. Hayate and Yugao were married and Ibiki and Anko were dating along with Kakashi and Shizune, surprisingly.

There was also gossip that Zabuza joined Anko and Ibiki in a threesome. Haku was also rumoured to be dating an androgynous girl, ironically, by the name of Miyuki (a fitting name everyone had agreed) who worked alongside him in the hospital.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tsunade had summoned the Rookie 12 to her office. It had been around eight years after Uzushio was reformed. It was time Konoha re-establish a treaty with them.

"Now, as you know, around eight years, ago, Uzushiogakure has been remade. Uzushio is a strong village with stable trade, military and economy. It houses strong but misunderstood shinobi, the lost, the abused and the poor.

We've already have had four wars so there's a chance we'll have more. To equip ourselves, we need to ally ourselves again with Uzushio. Back when I was a young girl, Uzushio was destroyed because they left their village unprotected as they were aiding Konoha.

It's time we re-establish the alliance.

I want you guys to go over there and meet up with the Uzukage and discuss of an alliance. Do not pick a fight with them otherwise you'll all be killed. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Tsunade-sama!" chorused the Rookie 12.

"Wait, Tsunade-sama," said Shikamaru. "Before we leave, is it wise that we send 12 shinobi there? Won't they think that it might be a declaration of war?"

Tsunade sighed. "Uzushio shinobi will know that it would be foolish to send so little people to an unknown area with shinobi of unknown strength if we wanted to start a war. Avoid battle at all costs.

The main thing is to just acquaint yourselves with the Uzukage. Remember that if you are not welcomed, get out of there quickly."

"Okay, Tsunade-sama!"