Chapter Eleven

"Huh, this chakra?" thought Neji, alert.

"Hehe, if you don't like it so much, why don't you stop acting cool and come down," taunted Dosu.

"No, that won't be necessary," said Neji.

"Sasuke-kun! You're awake!" exclaimed Sakura excitedly.

Sasuke stood up, Orochimaru's curse markings started to spread all over his body.

"Sakura...who did that to you?" asked Sasuke.

"We did it," smirked Zaku.

"Sasuke-kun, your body..." said Sakura, fear visible in her eyes.

"Don't worry. I feel power overflowing in me. I feel great!" exclaimed Sasuke with a crazed look. "He gave it to me. I finally understand. I'm an avenger. I must walk the path where I can gain power. Nothing can stop me!"

"Pft, no one is scared of a half-dead freak, let me show you!" said Zaku confidently.

But before he could do anything, Zaku was thrown to the ground and held in a headlock. It was Naruto.

"I sensed Orochimaru's chakra, is everything alright, Sakura?"

"Y-yes Naruto-kun. Sorry, he deflated the smoke bomb," said Sakura.

"NARUTO! Let go of him! He is mine to fight!" yelled Sasuke.

Sasuke growled and charged at Zaku.He took hold of his arms and started twisting them.

"ARGH!" screamed Zaku, his arms spasming. "YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS."

Naruto sighed. He let go of Zaku, who was groaning in pain, teleported behind Sasuke and hit one of his pressure points. Sasuke's curse mark started retreating.

"Wha? Naru—"

"This is for his good," said Naruto. "Otherwise he will utilise that immoral power and go on a killing spree and then he won't be controllable anymore. I will see if I can seal it later. Let's deal with this for now."

"You, Sasuke-kun's teammate, We can't defeat you this time so here's a gift to you," said Dosu, throwing Naruto his earth scroll. This may seem convenient nevertheless, if we meet again, we will face each other properly. Please let us leave. Zaku, Kin, let's go!"

"Tch, dammit. It's an earth scroll." thought Naruto.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That chakra...is the Uchiha that strong?" thought Neji.

TenTen stared quizzically at Neji's odd expression and was about to question him about it but...

TenTen jumped off the tree and landed right next to Lee and started shaking him.

"Snap out of it, Lee!" exclaimed TenTen.

"Huh, why are you here?" asked Lee groggily.

"We came to save you, the sound nins have gone. That Naruto drove them off. Why did you break our plan? You're all beaten up! You're such an idiot!" scolded TenTen.

"Ha, I can't argue with you there, but Sakura-chan was in trouble and..." protested Lee

Sakura smiled at him. "Thank you, Lee. I feel like I have awakened."

"The lotus flower blooms twice. Next time we meet, I will be a stronger man for you, I promise" winked Lee while Sakura smiled.

"Sakura! Come here! I'll, fix your hair!" exclaimed Ino.

Sakura grinned and ran over.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Yahoooo! Now, this is survival!" exclaimed Kiba as he jumped from branch to branch. "Lucky that those guys fell for the trap and they had an earth scroll. At this rate, we'll be first to the tower."