Prologue

He stands there, staring at his mug. The house was quiet, and I didn't dare to speak up.

His shoulder slumped down, his eyebrow ceased, a look of frustration disturbed his face.

His hair was messy, his skin was white, maybe I wasn't too caring, maybe i wasn't really in the right.

But my husband, he was the perfect man that I could ever, ever hoped for. And unfortunately, I wasn't the perfect wife.

Look at me, I am not even presentable. My hair was getting long, having no haircut, my shirt was hanging on my shoulders, too big that it reached my knees.

I feel ashamed of my face, the dark circles under my eyes, my pale dry lips and my wrinkling skins.

Then he stands up, put his mug on the sink as he face me.

"I want a divorce.."

And the glass of water drop from my weaken hands, crashing down on the floor into millions of pieces. The tears in my eyes, they weren't to blame, it's not their fault, how they fall like the rain.

My lips somehow trembled, and still I can't Control them, for broken cries and shaking sobs fell as soon as I was bound to open them.

And I ask him why.. But I knew I shouldn't. The moment those words came out, I cried harder, wanting to stop, but now I couldn't.

"I'm seeing someone else... " He confessed.

I was in daze, not believing anything at all. He married me because he love all of me, I became his wife because I love all of him. Vows and words were exchange that day, and now that promise was no longer there, for once I saw his fingers, that held our ring, but now it was just bare.

I was about to ask him again— why would he replace me? Am I not worthy or just not for him?

"She is better than you.. "

That words lingered on my head. For once I was completely silent, and now I have a bet.

"I will agree to sign the papers, but I have two choices.. " Wiping my tears away, I face Him.

"And what are those two choices? "Impatiently, he questioned me.

"Give me one week and I'll let you go, first, we need to act like we are okay infront of our daughter,shes just a child and I don't want her to be hurt. Second, you will need to carry me out of our bedroom everyday.." It was no use as I cry again, but he didn't seem to comfort me, and I was in vain.

"Alright, that seemed easy, fine I accept your requests.. "

He walk away and went straight to bed, leaving me in my mind amidst. Wondering how can such a life, be ruined in just a mess?