two

🌼🌼🌼

donghyuck sat at the living room of his apartment he shared with his best friend, chenle. donghyuck buried his face in his palms to hide the blush he had creeping on his cheeks. he couldn't believe he just bumped into his crush earlier at school.

the one and only mark lee that donghyuck loved.

"was something good had happened to our hyuckie? his face is as red as a tomato now. i wonder who made him like this," chenle leaned his body at the door frame that divided the kitchen and the living room while eyeing the tanned skin male.

donghyuck smile grew bigger as he dragged chenle to sit with him at the couch.

"what is it hyuck?" chenle sipped on his milk and looked at donghyuck who was trying to compose himself.

donghyuck made a wait sign with his hands and took out his phone as he typed something on the screen.

chenle chuckled seeing donghyuck like this, "you must be excited that you couldn't even say it."

yes. donghyuck could barely talk. he was not like other kids. his parents realized his behavior during his nursery days that he was unable to speak and had difficulties in interacting with other kids. a doctor had confirmed that he was diagnosed with selective mutism at the age of 4. he could only speak with his close family and friends when nobody else was around to trigger the freeze response.

the only people he was able to speak freely with were his parents, chenle and jisung, chenle's boyfriend. other than them, he could only nod his head as a 'yes', shake as a 'no' and writing or typing what he wanted to say.

at first, chenle mistook him as rude when he moved into the apartment. but knowing the story as donghyuck's mother was informed that his son was now sharing a place with someone new, she decided to come over and explained to the chinese boy. it took donghyuck two months to be able to speak with chenle. it didn't matter now seeing donghyuck was comfortable enough living with him.

"wow! you met mark just now?" chenle squealed as donghyuck nodded his head frantically with sparkly eyes, taking his phone back as he inhaled a great amount of air to relax.

"it-it was my fault that bumped into him but he was the one saying sorry.. i feel bad.." donghyuck pouted, playing with his fingers on his lap.

"and what did you do after that?"

"i just bowed at him and left,"

"no sorry?"

"i can't lele.. i tried but i seriously can't," 

chenle sighed and just embraced the male in his arms. he felt stupid for a moment. why would he ask that question when he knew the state donghyuck was in.

"if you feel like you were being rude to him i can help you and tell mark that you're sorry," chenle knew his best friend's feeling toward the canadian boy.

he wanted to tell donghyuck that he should just forget about that crush of him but he didn't want to hurt donghyuck. he knew how fragile this boy was. however, the thought of donghyuck being heartbroken or rejected by mark one day made him furious. he just hoped none of those happen.

"no no! he'll wonder why i don't tell him myself. i don't want him to know that i'm.. i-" donghyuck bit his lip to prevent from crying. 

he sometimes hated himself for being like this. he couldn't even face his crush. he couldn't even talk to him.

"shh.. it's okay hyuckie. okay, how about this. i'll tell mark that you don't know where to find him and on behalf of you, i'll let him know you're sorry,"

"how are you going to do it?"

"jisung has some classes with him. i'll just tell him when i visit jisung," chenle flashed the tanned male a smile.

"that's quite convincing to hear. okay, i'll count on you. thanks lele!" donghyuck said, hugging chenle tighter.

"as a payback, can you cook for me? pweety pweasssshhhh~ lele is hungry," chenle clasped his fingers together after he detached his body from donghyuck, giving him his cutest look.

"you really need to learn how to cook," donghyuck jokingly said as he made his way to the kitchen.

"thank you hyuckie!" chenle giggled could be heard as donghyuck started to take out the utensils needed, smiling at the thought of his beloved crush.

🌼🌼🌼

|to be continued|

hi! 💕 so if you're wondering, selective mutism is real. it is a severe anxiety disorder where a person is unable to speak in certain social situations, such as with classmates at school or to relatives they don't see very often or out of their comfort zone but they can speak freely with their close family and close friends if there's nothing stopping them from being uncomfortable. 

thank you in advance to those who read and support this book, love you guys! 🐱❤