[VicFuentes] I Want [ChapterTwentyNine|Finale]

“No, you’re wrong.” Bringing the cup up to my lips, I take a sip of the water, tilting my head to the side as I draw my eyebrows together, fighting the smirk from tugging at my lips, it’s entertaining, I’ve had this conversation numerous times, and I’ve said the same thing each time, it’s the same exact conversation, yet he still doesn’t pick up on it. “I mean, think about it, they're all in terrible quality and they don’t even go in order.” Shrugging my shoulders, I place the glass back down on the table in front of my bowl of salad, watching as he places his fork down on his plate, shaking his head.

Glancing at Mike, he furrows his eyebrows, crossing his arms over his chest as if he was a five year old, Tony groans, lolling his head backwards, causing me to laugh softly. “The quality of the picture doesn’t matter. It’s the story and the plot and all the characters: that’s why it’s the best. And you're not stupid. You know enough to figure out how to watch them in order.” He throws his arms up in the air, pointing his hands in different directions, continuing his rant, but I'm not listening, I’ve heard all the things he has to say.

A hand rests on my knee, and I look up to see Mike glancing down at me, a smile on his face as he shakes his head in disappointment. “You do this on purpose and one day he’s going to catch on.” His voice is quiet, so low, only I can hear it, and I smile, nodding my head once, laughing as he rolls his eyes, draping his arm around my shoulders, pressing his lips to the top of my head. “When he does, things are going to get ugly.”

Running his hands through his hair, Jaime groans, his eyes growing wide, growing annoyed, he’s heard this so many times, I’ve started so many arguments with Tony, all about Star Wars, he gets so intense over it, it’s funny, I never take it too far, I wouldn’t ever do anything to make him truly mad at me. “Tony, no one cares. She watches Star Wars with you so who the hell cares if she likes it or not?” Glaring at me, Jaime pouts, shaking his head as Tony continues his rant.

Wrinkling my nose, I stick my tongue out at Jaime, watching as he covers his face with his hands, he isn’t mad, I know he isn’t, he’s dramatic, needs to make everything so much more of an issue than it really is. “I care what Tony has to say.” It’s different, things are so much more relaxed, between Vic and I, between the guys and I, between Connor and I, Paul and I, Heath and I, everything is just better, nothing is tense, there’s less anxiety.

There are things in life that I want but don’t have, there are many of those, like a job, a college degree, something that will guarantee me a way to make money after this tour comes to an end, after the band truly goes its separate ways and all four of us no longer play music anymore. I don’t have a plan for the future or know what’s going to happen when all of this is over, and that terrifies me, I can’t stop myself from worrying about all of that, there’s nothing I can do about the future besides living in the present, and I like the present.

Things are good now, I'm happy, I like who I am, I like who I'm with, I like my friends and the experiences I get to make into memories every day, I'm no longer someone’s second choice, and it’s given me all the confidence I need. He’s really sweet, there’s never been a time when I haven’t wanted to be with him, he makes things so much easier, so much less stressful, he calms my anxiety.

I hate when he smokes, it lingers in his shirts and smells so rancid, he claims he’s going to try to stop, to quit, but I'm not asking him to, it’s his decision, it shouldn’t have anything to do with me. I’ve heard people talk about him, voice their opinion on how they think he lives his life, and he’s nothing like that, not from what I’ve experienced, he doesn’t like to sleep around, but he pretty much can get any girl’s number, that’s one of the things that people think about him that is actually the truth.