[VicFuentes] I Want [ChapterTwentyEight]

Author's Note:

I know that it's short. But, only one more chapter. The next chapter is the end. I promise that the sequel will have a lot more interaction with all the guys, instead of just Vic and Mike. Hopefully, you will all read it. Um, yeah. Enjoy.

"Can I sit here?" Somehow, I knew he was going to come here, that he instinctively knew where to find me, or simply because his brother told him where I went, not to hide, not really, but to think, to think in peace. Looking up at him, a thin film of tears covering my eyes, I shrug my shoulders, biting down on my lower lip as he sat down next to me on the square, plush couch of the back lounge of the bus that will no longer be home soon. As he sits beside me, I lean into him, a tingling sensation coursing through my veins as he drapes his arm over my shoulders, holding me closer to him.

Resting my hand on his chest, I sigh, wiping a finger under my eye quickly, staining my skin with the wet eyeliner that encircled my eye, looking up at him to see him gazing down at me with a soft, faint smile tugging at the ends of his lips. "Hi," I whisper, my voice soft, quiet, I don't know what to say to him, I don't know what to do, this is so scary, I don't know why he's here, what his brother told him, what's going to happen now. We left everything on good terms, Vic and I that is, friends, best friends, that's all we are to each other, that's really all we should have ever been to each other, then none of this would happen; well, some of it would, but it wouldn't be so hard, I wouldn't have met his mother and have her hate me, I wouldn't have continued having panic attacks, I wouldn't have to worry about Mike still wanting me.

Smiling, his eyes seem as if they're sparkling, and I feel this muscles relax, I didn't even notice that he was tense before now, it doesn't make sense as to why he would be like that, I don't understand. There's so much about him that I don't understand, like why he would stop talking to his brother simply because I was with him, why he would like a person like me - so anxious, so broken, so blind. "Hey," his voice is like music to my ears, his breath hits against my neck, causing shivers to run down my spine, and he begins to rub abstract shapes onto my shoulder blade with the tips of his fingers.

Pulling my knees up to my chest, I turn myself, my knees facing his legs, my head no longer resting on his shoulder, now on his chest instead. "What did you hear?" I know that he knows what I'm talking about, that I want to hear what he had heard about both things; he wasn't there when I truly was told about the band breaking up, in all honesty I don't even know if he knew when I figured it out in the parking lot; I want to know if Vic told him what happened between us, if he knows that I told Vic that as much as I value him as a part of my life, I need to stop choosing the wrong guy especially when the one who I wholeheartedly believe is the right one is in my life, so close all the time.

Knitting his eyebrows together, as if everyone was really as innocent as they pretend to be, he chews on his lower lip as I raise an eyebrow, calling his silent bluff. “You know that just because the band broke up, it doesn’t mean that you’re now nobody.” Lifting my shoulders, I sigh heavily, tilting my head up to look up at him, a single tear falling from the corner of my eye, as I shake my head, sniffling unattractively. “You’re going to be fine. Everything will be okay. Just because you’re not in a band doesn’t mean that you can’t make a difference. And, uh, Vic told me what you said.”

I don’t know what he’s talking about, I didn’t really say much but what I did say was important, I suppose, he hasn’t told me if he knows everything I said or just some of it. It all happened so fast, the ending of our relationship, it’s like it never really existed with the way that it ended, almost like it was a joke the entire time, but it wasn’t a joke, our lives changed. “You're beating around the bush.” Running a hand through my hair, I wiggle in his arms, watching him frown as he drops his arm from around my shoulder, but I don’t move away from him, I simply sit beside him, my body turned to face his.

“He said that you found the right guy and you’re done losing him.” I could see that he’s anticipating on whether or not to say what he wants to, but I want to know what he has to say, I want to know what he’s thinking, I need to know, it’s making my heart race, not knowing what he’s holding back. I could feel the anxiety coursing through my veins, beginning to control my mind, my thoughts, but everything is calmed, relaxed, silenced, as he lowers his head towards mine, gently placing his lips atop mine.

Arching my back forward, my cheeks burning with a blush, I smile into the kiss, feeling his lips curving upwards as well, and before it can turn into anything else, we pull away from each other, just looking at each other. “I'm guessing he told you everything?” There’s this newfound confidence within me, I feel like I can say these things, that I can flirt with him, because I know he feels the same way, that he isn’t using me.

Laughing quietly, Mike nods his head, looking at me as if I'm going to break, like he wants to take care of me, that he isn’t using me to get over some girl he’s never going to forget or to just have someone to call when he gets lonely at night because that’s what he thinks a girlfriend is meant for. “I told you that you’ll be fine in the end.”