Chapter Two: Team NaLu

"A job...?" I asked in confusion.

"Ya know, the way guild members make money? From requests?" Natsu answered as if I was stupid.

"I knew that! I meant with you?" I lied, smoothly.

"And Happy!" He smiled.

I thought for a moment and agreed to his offer. It might be fun.

...

"No! We should do this one!" I argued with Happy.

"But this one has a picture of a fish!" He retorted.

"Natsu!" We yelled at the same time. Happy and I had been arguing about what job to take since we saw the request board.

"What?" He whined.

"Don't you think we should go on this job?! It has more zeros in the reward!" I complain.

"No he doesn't! Because this one has a fish picture!" The blue cat argued further.

"We can buy more fish with all the zeros!" I yelled pointing at the reward to emphasize my point.

More people began to enter the guild as Happy and I furthered our argument. More people meant more stares, but I didn't care as much as I should have.

"Maybe Lucy's right..." Natsu suddenly interrupted.

"See?" I smirked at Happy.

He eventually gave up and Natsu and I actually read the request paper that I had picked. "Whoa! Destroy a whole dark guild for 1 million Jewel!" Natsu cheered.

"You know Erza would kill you if you failed that job, Flamebrain." Gray said out of nowhere from behind me.

"Erza?" I questioned as Natsu stiffened.

"M-Maybe we should get a different job since you're still new and all..." He said nervously.

"No. I don't care who this 'Erza' is I want my money." I crossed my arms.

Everyone in the guild went silent as I heard whispers about how Erza was scary and whatnot. "C'mon, she can't be that bad, now let's go." I said and dragged Natsu and Happy out if the guild hall.

...

"Those punks were just talk." I smirked as I counted my reward money. I had forced Natsu and Happy to split the money fifty-fifty, counting Natsu and Happy as one.

They only agreed because I agreed to walk with them instead of take the train. I didn't see the point of taking the train in the first place since we could walk. "How did you beat them, anyway?" Natsu asked me.

"Magic, of course." I smirked.

"I know that, but I didn't even see you lift a finger! All of a sudden you appeared to be standing on top of a bunch of unconscious people!" Natsu recalled.

"I told you they were just talk. It's a pity they were so weak, I at least wanted to have a little fun..." I whined.

"Can you afford shoes now?" Happy asked as he was perched on my shoulder. We had made up when I had bought him fish.

"I haven't ever worn shoes for more then a few minutes." I said as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

He dropped his fish in amazement and Natsu stopped walking. "Is it that weird?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah." Natsu answered after regaining his composure. "Aye, sir." Happy agreed.

"They hold me back, and they annoy me." I tried to prove my point.

"They aren't even that heavy!" Natsu tried to argue.

"I know, but they're still annoying." I continued to explain just how much I didn't like shoes.

After a few hours, we arrived at the guild and I had finished my explanation. "Now, do you get my point?" I asked as I sat down at a table.

"Huh?" Natsu asked as if he had been sleeping the entire time.

"Never mind." I sighed as I put my face on the table.

...

I woke up to the feeling of a bottle hitting my head. "Ha! You barely dodged that!" I heard Gray yell at someone, who I assumed was Natsu.

"Did you just," I started to say, "throw a bottle at my head?!" I finished angrily.

I didn't give him time to respond before I threw the bottle right back at his face. "You cheated! You can't have been that fast!" Gray pointed accusingly at me.

I smirked. "Oh, really?"

"Actually-"

"Actually," I interrupted Happy, "I am that fast. Want me to prove it?"

"Well, I do need proof." He answered.

No one had payed much attention, but were starting to now.

"Happy?" I asked.

"Hm?"

"Can I have a fish?" I asked sweetly.

"No." Was his immediate response.

"I'll pay you back tenfold." I bribed.

"Fine..." He said and cautiously handed me a fish.

"Throw this at me as fast and hard as you can. If I can dodge it quick enough I win and you lose. No holding back." I explained and tossed Gray the fish.

He caught It and agreed to my terms. I smirked and waited for him to throw the raw fish. Gray swiftly moved his arm back and threw the fish with all his might.

I dodged and went behind him, waiting for him to notice. After watching him look for me for a few seconds I said, "Boo."

"Ack!" He yelled again as I smiled.

Natsu looked at me as if he hadn't seen me, either. Actually, everyone had. The fish had stuck to the wall and Happy flew to get it as the guild was silent.

"She might be faster than Jet!" A black haired guy that was next to another guy with a tall hat yelled.

"I don't care." I shrugged and walked to the bar, wanting to talk to Mira.

"You're pretty strong." She said as I sat down.

"Eh." I responded and shrugged again.

"So... how are you and Natsu?" Mirajane asked with an eyebrow wiggle.

"Friends." I sad not understanding what she meant.

"Hm..." She whined and started mumbling stuff I didn't pay attention to.

"Yo, Luce! Wanna make a team?" Natsu asked as he came up to me.

"Sure." I said not knowing what he meant.

"What should it be named?" Happy asked, appearing on my shoulder.

"I don't really care." I said as I yawned.

"Team Nalu!" Mira yelled.

"The energy drink?" Natsu asked.

"No! Na as in Nastu and Lu as in Lucy." She explained with a smile.

"I don't really care, do you guys?" I asked Natsu and Happy, knowing Happy was going to be in our team.

"It's seems weird but so are you." He said to himself and eventually agreed.

"Well, I'm off." I said and jumped from the ground to the rafters. No one realized where I had gone, so I decided to sleep.

The time difference was still nagging at my mind.

...

Don't worry, this is still LoLu Loke just needs to get introduced first

...

Please don't kill me ^_^;