Chapter Fourteen

"Dean, please do not hurt her. Please." I hissed.
I reached my shaking hand out to caress Nadia's face only to have dean smack it away.

"Don't touch her. Now look, I know what's going on. This gang that kidnapped you is out to kill me. If you want Nadia back you're going to have to convince them not to kill me. I promise after that you and your happy family will never have to hear or see from me again. Failure to convince them will result in Nadia being killed. Do you follow?"

Not even thinking I nodded my head.

"Listen Dean, I am only and I repeat only doing this for my daughters sake. She doesn't deserve to be dragged into any of this."

A cocky smirked appeared on Dean's smug face.

"I knew you'd come around. Now convince them and we will go from there.

"Can I at least hug my daughter goodbye? It's the least you could do."

Reluctantly Dean finally allowed me to hug my flesh.

"Mommy loves you so much baby I'm going to get you back baby."

"I believe in you mommy. And mommy..."

"Yes baby what is it?"

"Daddy is home. Daddy is beginning back at work!"

I smiled from ear to ear and gave Nadia one last squeeze before disappearing to the exit of the shop.

"How'd it go?"

"Look Blake I'm going to be honest. I don't think we should kill him."

"What?!? What do you mean!"

"He's changed." I gritted out lying.

"That's what he wants you to think! What happened to your ear piece? I lost connection."

"It fell into my water."

"Okay fine let's get back to the fort and talk from there."

***

"Maybe you're right Alex. Maybe this was all just a dumb mistake."

It really wasn't. As much as I want him dead I have to get my baby back.

"I'm telling you Blake, we should just forget about him and move on. It'll be for the best."

Not really.

"You're right Alex, this was stupid of me. I let my thoughts get the best of me. In the morning we are returning you home. I apologize for all of this inconvenience."

It's crazy how easily convinced Blake is.

"It's been a good time Blake but I am ready to go home. We will keep in touch. I'm glad you guys were looking out for the safety of me."

Blake smiled and grabbed my hand in his soothingly rubbing his thumb across my palm.

"It was my pleasure. Me and the gang are always one call away."

With that I smiled and slipped my hand from Blake's escaping to my room for the night.

Finally I'll be able to go home.

Pulling my phone out I opened the messages between me and dean responding :

"The deed is done."

And with that my eyes fluttered shut into the darkness of my mind.