When We Meet Again

"What does Lexa want with me?"

"I don't ask questions it's a bit...unprofessional in my line of work." Aries crosses his arms over his chest leaning against the wall across from me. 

I look to the two guards standing at the entrance of the throne room just down the hall then back at Aries "why are you still here?" he shrugs looking towards the guards "I wanna see how this plays out."

He really doesn't seem like the person who kills people for a living. I guess that's what makes him so good at what he does, he's easy to underestimate. 

"The Commander will see you now." Gee what an honor 

I follow Aries into the open dimly lit room. I don't think I've ever hated the sight of someone more than I do right now. Her face seems to change as I come into the room, she looks...happy to see me. "Hello, Clarke." 

"Lexa." 

"You're angry." 

"Understatement. Let's just get this over with, just point me in the direction of Bellamy and we'll be on our way."

"Of course...after you agree to help me convince Skicru to join my Coalition." 

"You do realize that you hired an assassin to "kill" me and now you're asking me to help you."  

"I understand why you'd be upset but I knew you wouldn't have come otherwise."

She's not wrong.

"Yeah well, I'm also guessing you missed the part where I'm not apart of Skycru anymore, although considering you knew where to send Aries..."

"You're still Skycru whether you like it or not." 

"I'm going to go with not, but you can take me to Bellamy now." 

"That's not how this is going to work." She gets up from her throne and crosses the room towards me. "I'll let you see him, but he stays here until an official meeting with Skycru is made." 

Like hell he is, but I'll play along for now. 

"Fine." 

Lexa gives a small satisfied grin then looks over to the guards at the door "please escort our guest to her husband." she then looks to Aries who has been off to the side "and give him a sensible payment for his troubles."

She moves back up onto her throne watching us leave the room.

******* 

I can hear my heart in my ears with each step getting lighter than the last. I feel like I'm in a dream that I'm praying won't end. 

"You have ten minutes."  the echoing creaking sound of the metal gate opening fills my ears.

The cell is very poorly lit but I can still make out his sleeping figure curled up against the farthest wall. I can feel my breath slowly increasing as I force my feet to move closer. I scan his body for any new physical injuries that I can hold Lexa accountable for. I try to say his name but it gets caught in my throat. This isn't a dream. He's here. You're not dreaming. He's okay. He's alive. I slowly move down to the ground next to him running my hand over his cheek "Bell." the sound of his name leaving my mouth causes me to break down into tears. I bury my head in between his neck and shoulder. He's body is warm and still smells of pine.

His breath hitches for a moment signaling that he is awake "Clarke?" I don't move my head away from his body and instead nuzzle my face deeper into his neck. I feel his body shift just enough to wrap his arm around my body pulling me closer. "Please tell me you're really here." he says desperately. 

I pull back moving my hand back to his cheek "I'm here." 

His hand runs up and down my spine then eventually moves up to my hair and face as he makes sure I am truly here. 

We both sit up in unison and he pulls me into his lap cradling me in his arms. He presses his cheek against my forehead letting his own tears wet my head and nose "I missed you so much." 

"I missed you too Bell... so much."   

I pull away from him moving to sit in front of him gripping onto his hands. "I thought..." my voice cracks slightly and I take a breath trying to compose myself "I thought you were dead." I take in another shaky breath feeling the tears starting to form in my eyes once again.

He lets go of my hands to squeeze my shoulders and cup my face "shhh it's okay. I'm not going anywhere okay." he wipes away a tear with his thumb. He lets out a small sigh that's followed by a smile. "You know despite our current circumstance... You look so beautiful right now." We both let out a small laugh "I'm serious. You're as beautiful as I last saw you and..."     

He trails off for a second looking towards the wall behind me "Bell?"

 "You were going to tell me something." He keeps his gaze at the wall trying to remember. 

"What?" 

He looks back to me "That day...you were trying to tell me something." 

Right. I try not to think about that.

I shake my head smiling "It doesn't matter now."  

He gives me a worried look but chooses to drop it "So what now?" 

"Now I have to convince Skycru to join Lexa's Coalition."

"You think they'll go for it?" 

"Honestly...I've been gone for so long I don't even know if it's a possibility, hell I don't even know who's in charge anymore." 

"I'm sure you'll figure something out." He moves my hair behind my ear causing my to smile. 

Our moment is cut short with the the creaking metal sound from earlier filling the room. My breath gets caught in my chest as I feel all the air leave my body. I can't leave him again. I can't leave him here. I won't leave. 

I feel his fingers combing through my hair trying to call me down. "Hey look at me." he holds up my face with both of his hands "I'll be okay. I promise."

I turn my head just enough to catch a glimpse of Lexa in the cell doorway. 

Bellamy moves my head to look at him once again "Go. I'll be okay." He pulls me into a long needed kiss. I pull away resting my forehead against him. 

"I promise you that no harm will come to him Clarke." her voice makes my hand clench as I stand and brush past her.

She's lucky I'm not dumb enough to kill her right here, right now.

***Authors Note***

I've been terrible at updating this story fast but thank you all for being patient. I've had massive writers' block and been so busy, but in other news this last season of the 100 was crazy and I have so many questions that need to be answered in this next season (I'm sad it's coming to an end) and Bellarke needs to happen before the show ends especially now that Bob and Eliza ARE MARRIED. I started another Bellarke fanfic that is more modern after I finished Book 1 of May We Meet Again that I am thinking of continuing after I finish up this trilogy so keep an eye out for that, but I hope to finish up this book soon.