Why Kill When You Can Be In Love?

"Clarke where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." I continue pulling his arm leading him further away from the bunker. 

" Wow. You're surprising me? Who are you and what have you done with my wife?" 

"Very funny. Just come on it's important."  

He picks up the pace smiling "alright, alright I'm coming."  

I let go of his hand to climb over a fallen tree stopping at the top waiting for him to do the same. He shakes his head slightly then smiles letting out a sigh. He does a small leap upwards pulling himself up onto the tree. 

"So... is this your surprise?" He looks around us trying to spot any indication of my surprise. 

"Nope." I let out a small laugh then jump down from the tree walking deeper from the woods. 

I hear him trailing behind me until we reach the cliffside overlooking the valley. I listen to Bellamy's steps getting closer until they stop right next to me. 

"You remember this place?" 

"Course. This is where we first watched the sunset together... I also remember... some other stuff that we did that day."  He gives me a small smirk followed by a wink."I don't get it... I've been here before."

"I mean yes." There a slight ruffle sound coming from where we came that grabs my attention.  

"So... how is this a surprise?" He moves his chin to rest on my shoulder bringing me back to the topic at hand. 

"There place isn't exactly a surprise. It's more of what I have to tell you..." He moves his chin off my shoulder so we can face one another. 

"Okay, I'm listening." 

I let out a sigh trying to mentally prepare myself. How do I even say this? Should I just straight up say it? Or should I lead up to it somehow? I don't even know why I'm overthinking this. I shouldn't be overthinking I mean this is a good thing...at least I hope he thinks it's a good thing. damn it. Just say it.

"Bellamy...I'm..." the ruffling sound comes again. I'm not hearing things someone's here.

"You're...?" 

"Do you hear that?" 

"You mean do I hear silence? Because if so yeah." 

"No. I mean...that."  That's definitely the sound of someone moving. I look up scanning the trees causing Bellamy to do the same.  "I don't..." 

We both stop at the sound of a bowstring being pulled back. I still can't see anyone. "Clarke!" I feel all of Bellamy's body weight push me to the ground as his body goes limb on top of me. 

***********    

"You knew I wasn't going to kill you. How?"

"I've been watching you. You're very emotionally driven, you only kill when there is a life or death situation." He stops then points to the right "this way." 

Roan looks to where he's pointing then back at him. "and how do we know you're not leading us into a trap?" 

"You don't." Ares turns back to look at us "I guess you'll just have to trust me." 

"I don't trust anyone," Roan says looking to me "neither does she." 

"Understandable. Hell, I wouldn't trust me either." He gives a small laugh. He's definitely more "comedic" than I would have imagined. 

"It's alright Roan. You've done your part, I can take it from here." 

"You really trust him?" 

"No, but if there is even the smallest chance that Bellamy is alive... I'll do anything." 

He nods then looks back to Ares. "I want to help but like I said before. I'm not dying for you." 

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." I reach my hand out to his causing him to shake his head. "Oh, I'm not worried about you Wanheda. For what it's worth I hope you find him." He grabs onto my hand briefly then gives me a sharp nod. "Good luck Waheda." 

Ares and I watch Roan slowly disappear deeper into the woods before we turn back to look at one another. "Onwards."  

There is a high possibility that this is going to end pretty badly. He doesn't wait up for me and continues to lead the way while still holding up a conversation. "So... married huh? That's a bold move on your part."

"How so?" 

"You can't do what we do and be in love. We make enemies everyday and It just doesn't work out." I'd hate to admit that he's not wrong, but he's not wrong. It is my fault this happened. I don't want to think about that now though I need answers.

"If it wasn't poison that you used then what was it?"     

"It was a pretty heavy sleep drug. Gives off the illusion that the person is dead. It all wears off in about 24 hours."

I feel a lump forming in my throat. He wasn't dead. How could I have not made sure?  

"I buried him."

"You did. Then we...you know unburied him. Besides, he wasn't using that much oxygen when you buried him." 

"So Bellamy's not dead." 

"No. He's not." He nods towards where we're heading telling me to keep moving. 

I can't help but smile to myself. He's not dead. I slow down my pace slightly trying to push down the happy tears that are starting to form. I look up towards Ares who is well ahead of me at the moment.  

"Wait. There's one more thing I need to know. Who sent you?"

"If I tell you would you walk faster?" 

"Sure." I roll my eyes quicking my pace.

He lets out a sigh glancing over at me. "Look I don't know why I was hired. I was just told to knock you out and bring you to her. Of course, that didn't work out quite as I had planned but... she knew that if you thought Bellamy was dead you'd want your revenge. Either way, you'd end up where she wanted you to." 

"Who's she?"

"Lexa."