12: The Hidden Treasure

"Ugh!! Where's that wretched tree?!"

Currently, Gray and Juvia examined the trees one by one, hoping to find some hidden chest.

"Are you sure that the tree have some clover craved on it, Gray?"

Nodding as an answer, he continue to look, in which she sighed before copying his actions.

One by one, the two inspected half of the forest, occasionally climbing and inspecting the trunks before groaning and sighing in frustrations.

After an hour or so of looking for the tree, the two found themselves at the top of a mountain- where Juvia jumped from.

Gray noted the sun slowly descends down, and he let out a grunt. "This is the last one, Juvia. What now?"

Silently deciding it internally, Juvia visibly frown at her final decision. "We have no other choice but to stop our search for the tree and look for a place to crash in for the night..."

She quickly fished out her pouch of jewels, before checking if it was enough. Glancing at the raven-head boy, she noted the nod and smile at her.

"Good idea, I have enough jewels to book a place as well as for our food for the night."

Mentioning the word 'food', Juvia's stomach automatically growl lightly, much to her dismay and embarrassment. "Ahahaha... Juvia haven't eaten anything since the start of the search..."

Gray merely chuckled before grabbing her hand, "Come on, let's go back to the town. We're gonna eat first before looking for a place." He said and dragged her.

Of course, Juvia lightly blushed at the sudden contact of their hands but choose to stay quiet. 'Ah! Stop beating so fast, heart!!'

--------

Eating a nice and simple dinner, before looking for a place to stay for the night, Juvia noticed herself blushing and her heart beatings are really fast.

Sneaking a peak at the clueless raven-head, before shrinking at the occasional times of being caught looking. Juvia only shot an awkward smiles and chuckles at him.

"I'm sorry, but currently, there's only 1 room left. If it's possible, the two of you could share the room." The employee apologized and bowed at them.

And once again, Juvia's heart began to beat furiously, not that Gray was any differ.

The boy's brain shuts down from the news and had to reboot for a couple of seconds. After doing so, his face exploded and a furious blush was quickly painted on him.

Gray nervously glanced at the girl besides her, and coincidentally, so did she. So for a few minutes, the two made eye contact, and their faces turned red.

"U-Um.. about the bed..?" Gray stuttered out.

The employee shot an apologetic look before bowing once more, "I'm sorry... but there's only 1 bed left..."

Juvia let out a soft gasp, before lowering her head, in which her bangs covered her eyes, causing the other two to unable to read her expression.

".... Juvia see..."

Slowly turning to Gray, Juvia tried herself to look indifferent and nodded at him. "It seems like we have no other choice but to share the room, Gray."

The said boy have no choice but to nod and helplessly pay the half of the price, while Juvia did as well.

Thanking the employee before climbing the stairs to their room, the two tried their best on keeping the silence from being awkward.