Chapter Six

No sight of that beaten-up woman just yet, she must be back at that place we last saw her at. Sedusa pondered as she kept herself balanced as she ran down the dimly lit corridor. She felt the cold air brush past her face while as she turned a corner.

The villainess spun around to find no one following her, much to her relief. But where did that strange lady go? Surely she must've been following them, though Sedusa could clearly remember her just limping towards them. Perhaps her foot was injured?

Speaking of an injured foot, Princess sprang up into Sedusa's mind the moment she pictured that strange lady's injury. Was the girl somewhere safe now? Did she head back into the room?

Small footsteps could be heard from around the corner, right until it reached behind Sedusa.

Or did she really just follow her back to where they ran from?

"Sedusa."

The villainess jumped upon hearing the sound of her name calling from behind her. That wasn't Princess' voice. It was rather too dull and hollow for a little girl's voice.

"Huh?" Sedusa turned around, only to be confronted by the familiar shorter girl that had led them into their previous room from a while ago.

"Oh, it's...it's you, curly." Sedusa wanted to let out a sigh of relief, but she didn't want to show Keisha she was startled by her voice. She put on a fake smile and placed her hands on her hips. "Well I'm glad to see—"

Keisha's face crinkled with disgust. "Shut your damn mouth, monster."

Sedusa blinked. "Eh?"

"Why did you and that brat leave the room? Didn't I tell you to stay put?" Keisha's voice was harsh and cold, she was obviously angry just by the tone of her voice. Her eyes were narrowed, glaring directly at the villainess in front of her.

Sedusa swallowed, showing slight uneasiness to the female night guard's passive-aggressive voice. "It was...Princess and I—"

"What were you doing while I was gone?"

"We were—"Sedusa cut herself off just before she could say that she and Princess tried to leave the building via climbing out the windows. The villainess paused for a second.

"We were just going out to the use the restroom. "

"You're lying."

Keisha's expression grew harsher. By now the girl was gritting her teeth at the villainess with her flashlight in hand.

"H...Huh?"

"You were trying to escape, weren't you?"

Hell, she found out. We're busted now.

"...I...how did you know?" Sedusa stiffened up her back as she towered over the female night guard.

"Hah!"

Keisha let out a cold laugh. She was now smiling, but her eyes were still filled with disgust.

"Of course you were! You're a damn monster, and so is that little spoiled brat, Princess. I should've known."

It was infuriating, Keisha's words stabbed through any doubts Sedusa had about her. She wanted to just grab the girl and fling her towards the wall using her hair. She wanted Keisha to just shut up. She remembered exactly what Keisha had told her and Princess a while back when they were in their room.

You two seem like decent people, at least. I don't know about your battles with the Powerpuff Girls; but when you two aren't starting up crime, it's a pleasure to talk to you.