Chapter Five

Pink, blue, and green streaks of light flew across the night. The New Townsville citizens were all asleep by now, only a few remaining were left awake. And three of those citizens were the Powerpuff Girls.

"Professor...?" Blossom stretched out her arms to let out a yawn as she and the two other Powerpuffs flew over the city. "What's...going on?"

"Blossom, you, Bubbles, and Buttercup need to move quickly." Professor Utonium's voice could be heard through the girls' belts. "The monsters are up to no good."

"...this late?" Blossom let out another yawn before responding. "Alright, Professor, we'll be right there..."

"So where are we headed again?" Buttercup asked the seemingly leader of the group with her voice slightly hoarse from waking up earlier.

"The same building Him used to stay at," Blossom pointed out as they ventured out into the night. "The Professor said that almost all of the villains are in there."

Bubbles rubbed the sleepiness out from her eyes, after having been woken up. "What could they be up to this time?"

Buttercup grumbled. "It's 1 o clock in the morning..." She and the two girls slowed down once they were nearing their destination. "...this better be good."

As the three Powerpuffs made their way towards the building, they immediately noticed the lack of lights turned on inside. They scattered and soon began circling the whole building from top to bottom.

"Huh? The building looks..."

Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup then met back at their original spot in front of the building's entrance.

"...empty?"

Buttercup placed her finger underneath her chin as she pondered out loud. "They must be inside somewhere," She turned her attention towards the building's main entrance. "For all we know, they could be hiding in there to lure us in."

"Buttercup's right." Bubbles said, nodding her head briefly. "It could be another trap, like last time."

The girls recalled the moment where in Mojo led them into an alleyway and were pounced on by the rest of the villains, catching them off guard.

Blossom then put on a determined look on her face as she took out her yoyo. "Come on, girls," She gazed at her two friends and allies. "We've got a job to..."

Before she could continue her sentence, she let out a yawn from her sleepy demeanor.

"...finish."

~~~

"...please tell me this isn't real!" Princess cried out of desperation and horror, tears forming in the corner of her eyes. She dared to turn her attention away from the ghastly intruder that was approaching the three of them slowly just to see Sapphire hissing at them.

The poor cat was just as terrified as her, as the once smoothened white coat of hers was straightened up.

Sedusa felt the world around her slow down, watching the crazy woman slowly make her way towards them. She could hear Princess' screams and Sapphire's hissing that were blurred out, as if they were being submerged in water.

After all the battles with the Powerpuff Girls, nothing could prepare her for what was being held on right now. Something about the figure that slowly limped towards them gave Sedusa chills.

She squinted her eyes to get a good look on the woman; the blood that drenched the woman's already dirty clothing, her long black hair covering her entire face, and something that glistened in her blood stained hand.