FIRST KISS

ALEX'S POV:

We sat in the box ready for the game to start, only we couldn't start because Coach wasn't here.

"Hey team. We're going to have a good game today, right? Where's Gordon?" Tibbles asked as he walked up to us.

"You tell us," Luis shrugged.

"Team USA, sorry but without a coach behind the bench your forfeit the game," The ref said. We all stared at him in disbelief. "You can't do that," Adam says.

"We do have one! Ms. MacKay!" Charlie yelled and skated to her. They had a brief conversation.

"This is our coach! Coach MacKay!" Charlie beamed. MacKay gave him a look of uncertainty.

"What are you waiting for the ice to freeze?! Let's play!" She exclaimed and we all cheered. 

I sat in the box watching Adam take down German players. That's my boyfriend.

"We look tired. We need to....change places." Ms. MacKay said.

"What?" I asked.

"New players," She clarified.

"Oh, say change it up,"Charlie told her.

"Change it up," She says.

"Louder," I say.

"Change it up!" I hopped out of the box and skated toward the center of the face off. These Germans really weren't that good,  I effortlessly made  goals.

"Yes!" Charlie exclaimed. I was skating back to the face off when I heard the noise of a duck whistle. We all turned our heads to see Coach.

"Just ignore it, guys," I scoffed as we skated up to the box and Ms. MacKay called a time out. We reluctantly skated over.

"Team...guys I was wrong. And I'm sorry. I forgot about the team and the team is all I have. I want another chance. Just one more shot. I'm back, believe me," He said.

"Why should we?" I rolled my eyes, taking off my helmet.

"I'm sorry, Alex. I shouldn't have said anything and basically force you to carry the team. I now know that it takes a whole team not just one player. I know the really meaning of playing hockey and it's to have fun and to work together like a real team. Is there any chance you guys can forgive me?" He asked. 

After the game

We all sat outside with Coach and apparently he had something important to say.

"I've had a lot of distractions since I've been here in L.A. This is a distraction. This is a fire in a barrel. This is a distraction in a fire in a barrel. Any questions?" He asked as he threw his card board cut out into the trash and lit it on fire. We all cheered, glad to have our coach back. 

This time was gonna be different.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam and I were gonna go out on a date, our first one being an official couple.

"Where you going?" Connie asked as her and Julie came into the room. 

"Out with Adam. Our first one since he asked me out," I said smiling. 

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do" Connie said winking.

"Tell us what happens after," Julie says.

"Deal but you guys gotta get snacks and drinks," I said grabbing my phone and walking out running into Adam.

"Hey, I was just coming to get you," he smiled. 

"Well I saved you some exercise," I said giggling. We walked into the elevator and made our way downstairs. 

"I was thinking the ice cream parlor. Is that alright?" Adam asks.

"Sounds great," I say. 

Once we got to the ice cream place and we wait in line.

"Hey, aren't you guys part of Team USA?" The worker person asked. 

"Yeah." Adam answered. 

"Oh my god, I'm a huge fan. You guys are good, Iceland totally paid off the ref when you guys were playing against each other. Anyways, what can I get for you?" He asked.

"It's great to meet a fan and I totally agree with you, it had to be rigged," I said.

We then order our ice cream and Adam ordered strawberry ice cream.  He went to take his money out, but he was stopped. 

"Oh, it's on me," The worker said.

"Are you sure? Let us at least get a picture with you," I ask.

"Deal," the worker, Sam, says. We take a picture with Sam and found a seat outside.

After a couple minutes, I looked up to see Adam staring at me. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Nothing. I was just wondering how lucky I am to have you," He said causing me to blush. 

"I was wondering the same thing," I said smiling.

We finished eating and walked back to the dorm. Just holding hands in peace and quiet.

"I had fun, thanks Adam," I smiled once we got to the dorms

"Me too," He returned the smile. He leans in and we kiss.

As soon as I got in the dorm, I saw Julie and Connie eagerly waiting for details