Chapter 6

Cassie's POV

-Sorry, I have to go.

I barely noticed Niall leaving, I was too terrified. I couldn't believe what I had just done. I, Cassie Johansson, unknown photographer, had insulted Harry Styles, worldwide known popstar. In front of his bandmates and management. Waow. I was so damn stupid.

-Miss Johansson ?!

I didn't dare look up at Chuck. If I could still call him by his name. It was the end. They were gonna kill me for sure.

-Oh nooo, relax Chucky, it's just a game between us.

My head shot up to look at Harry. What the hell ?

-Yeah, I met Cassie a what... few weeks, months ? ago in a bar, and we kind of kept in touch. And when we met, I was maybe a tad bit drunk, and I might've asked her a bit rudely to dance with me, and er... Yeah, she said the same thing, and since then it became a... joke.

Okay, that was the worst excuse ever. Chuck seemed suspicious - a lot. But he simply turned to me.

-Is that true ?

I nodded, not trusting my voice.

-And what happened to Niall ?

-Oh, bad memories from that night I guess.

Okay, this guy had basically saved my life and my reputation and my secret in less than a minute. He was my new god.

-And I think that Cassie should go check on Niall.

I shot Harry my best I'll-kill-you look. Forgot what I said earlier about him being my new god. Chuck didn't understand what was going on, frowning and looking at Harry and I.

-Ooookay... But I need you both in ten minutes here.

I didn't want to go. I really didn't. But it was either this, either losing my job. And I wasn't going to let Niall do this to me. So I stood up and got out, wondering where the hell he could have gone. Hopefully, I didn't have to look much for him ; he was in the corridor, sitting on the floor, his back against the wall, eyes closed facing the ceiling.

Something weird happened in my stomach. Like a giant knot was squeezing me, making it hard to breath.

-Niall ?

Oh god, that sounded so much softer than what I had planed. I didn't want him to think I liked him. Or that I could pretend nothing ever happened. I wanted him to be hurt like I was, I wanted him to go through what I had been and was still living. Maybe he remembered me now, but he had forgotten me for so long. And that was not something I could forgive him.

-Move. They're waiting for u... you.

There were no "us". It was him and it was me. Nothing more. I turned on my heels when I heard his croaked voice.

-Don't turn your back on me, Cas' !

Anger rushed through my blood. He had no right to do this.

-Oh no Niall. Perhaps you shouldn't turn your back on me.

And I walked away, realizing shortly afterwards that I had played his game without even noticing. Fuck him and his damn quotes.

I pushed the door, and went straight to my seat.

-He should be there any minute. I guess.

The four boys were watching me carefully, and it was awkward. Really awkward. Like they wanted to ignore the fact that obviously, I knew Niall, but they couldn't. Harry was starring at me with narrowed eyes, Zayn was slightly frowning, but the worst was Liam. One second he was glaring at me, the next he seemed ashamed, but then he would glare again...

Niall finally came back. I held his stare until he looked away. Ha. It was childish, but hey, who cared ? Chuck coughed a bit before he talked.

-Okay, now that everyone is here... The papers are all ready, we just need miss Johansson's signature.

He handed me the contract, expecting me to sign it immediately. But I wasn't dumb. I took the first of the thirty pages and started reading. Two pages later, I carefully looked up. Everyone's eyes were on me.

-What ? I asked.

-Oh nothing. Go along, go along.

I went back to my reading. Most of it was useless, the usual blabla they have to put in, but when it came to the conditions, I payed more attention. Everything was okay, until I reached the last line.

-I am not aloud to date one or more of them ? I blurted out before chuckling.

The boys were pouting at their manager, who was smiling at me.

-No. For professional reasons, I'm sure you understand...

-Of course ! It's just... Oh, it sounds weird to me. Sorry.

I chuckled again, finishing my reading. I then grabbed the pen that was on the table and signed the paper.

-Here you go !

They all clapped as I gave the contract to Chuck.

-Well Cassie, now that you are a part of us... Welcome ! I hope you'll enjoy your work with these boys. And don't let them walk on you, or bother you too much...

Not a chance, I mentally thought.

-We're not that horrible ! whined... God, what was his name again ? Nevermind.

-Yeah yeah... Okay, well, now we're leaving you together, so you can get to know each other. I took the liberty of booking a lovely cottage in the country side for the weekend, for the five of you.

My mouth hung open, as I tried to understand what he had just said. No.Way.In.Hell. But it was too late. The boys were all cheering, apart from Niall. What a surprise. All the businessmen got up with Chuck - I still don't know why they had to be there as they didn't say a thing - and left. Uh oh. Let the fun begin.

The door closed and there was a second of silence. Just one.

-HOW COME YOU TWO KNOW EACH OTHER ?

-WHO ARE YOU ?

-WHY DO YOU HATE EACH OTHER ?

-WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR ?

Wow. They were... Special. Niall facepalmed himself and I bit my lip hard not to smile.

-Blue.

I saw - urgh, what was his bloody name ?! - throwing his hands up in the air.

-YAAAY ! She answered mine first ! Gottcha !

I rolled my eyes at him. It was the only normal question...

-Did you two dated ?

-Why do you have a weird accent ?

I deliberatly ignored one of the two questions.

-I'm Swedish, I have a little accent...

A chorus of "Ooooh"'s and "Aaaaah"'s mixed together. They were like little kids. And I had have a thing for young children. Damn it. I'm never gonna survive a weekend with them

And then it hit me. It wasn't a weekend. It was a whole year.

************************************

Wooh I think it's long ! Haha. I've been writing this while watching a live from Indochine, which is a french band, I was like "Moi je veux viiiiiivre, I looked at him, moi je veux viiiiiiiiiivre, he was sitting on the floor..." Yeah. I'm stupid ;D

Sooooo. What do you think's gonna happen ? Who's gonna kill who first ? Haha, no I'm kidding. Though... ;)

Oh, on the side, if you're interested, it's a song by Indochine. The singer (on the left) and his niece (on the right) sing Atomic Sky, a song the singer's brother (the girl's dad) wrote, and now he's dead. It's such an emotional song... And I love it.

Enjoy lovely pineapples ! :D

Fanny x