Chapter 5

"You guys finished yet?" Gary asked.

"Yep. Meet us in the basement." Ash responded.

"You got it." Gary remarked. He collected his things and ran down to meet them.

"Oh, this ought to be good. Thinking they can take me down and save their little ladies." Lysander chuckled to himself.

Back in the van, the timer had run out and the girls were free to move. They took their masks off and immediately went for the doors. However, none of them would budge.

"Those idiots!" May yelled as she kicked at the back door.

"How's it going there Zoey?" Dawn asked.

"Not good. Gary scrabbled the controls to well. We are stuck in here unless we can find another way out."

"Come on! We need ideas! They need help!" May urged.

"I have an idea." Dawn declared. "I can cut out an opening with a laser, but we will need to do a lot of shoving and pushing to get out."

"Well, what are you waiting for?" May asked. "Do it!"

Dawn nodded and clicked the button, and a laser popped out. She cut a hole around the back door. Then, they began pushing, shoving, kicking, anything they could to get out of the van.

Meanwhile, inside Lysander labs, the guys had finally met up.

"You guys really to do this?" Gary questioned. They stared at him blankly, but gave a nod in return.

They knew that they would most likely end up dead, but it was for the greater good of the people. Their fun as the well known thieving bad boys, was only temporary. Until, they had what they needed to prove what Lysander was really doing. It was still hard, staring death and loss in the face.

"Let's do this." Drew stated.

They gave a nod. Gary went to the computer to make sure everything would go smoothly. Drew had to hold the cord that lead to all the destruction devices and the control panel for it, and Ash had to be the one set off the devices.

"Everyone activate their shields?" Ash asked.

"Yeah." Gary called.

"You bet." Drew answered.

"Ok, let's do this." Ash hit the button, activating the devices. "Let's hope these suits work."

The building began to shake and become weak. Lysander sat up, shocked at the feeling of the building beginning to crumble. "What? They can't be serious. Those idiots are willing to go down. I have to stop them...but I am safer in here and there is no way they will live through this. I have nothing to worry about." He propped his feet up and took a sip of some Champagne. "This is going to be a good day."

The people outside noticed, and out of fear, backed away incase the lab went down. Little did anyone know, Kenny and Brianna were also still inside.

'I knew there was something up.' Kenny thought. He grabbed her hand and ran for the nearest window.

"Kenny? What's happening?" Brianna worried.

"We need to get out of here." Kenny answered. He broke the window and grabbed the grappling hook from his belt. He grabbed Brianna and pulled her close. "Hang on tight."

Kenny launched the grappling hook and when it was secure, he jumped out the window, holding Brianna close. Once the two landed safely on the ground, they watched as the building began to crumble.