Chapter 10

Valentine's Day was just around the corner

Valentine's Day was just around the corner. Well... It was actually the next day. Emi planned to get chocolates at the store right after she was done writing a love letter to her crush.

She couldn't believe what she was doing. She never thought she would see the day of her doing this, but here she was... Writing a cheesy love letter. In addition, Emi drew a cute doodle in the corner. Sitting on the bed, Emi was reading it over in case she made any errors.

 Sitting on the bed, Emi was reading it over in case she made any errors

Her face turned entirely red. Hiding her face, Emi groaned out loud, now laying down on her back. "What am I even doing..?"

Thinking to herself, Emi wondered how she would give this to him without being obvious. Who would help her give this to him? She hoped a miracle would happen tomorrow.

Continuing to stare at the letter, Emi heard her own heart beat. It felt like someone could hear it if they were in the room with her. She didn't know what was more embarrassing. Having someone hear her heartbeat or the thought of her crush reading this letter.

~•~

At school, Emi was walking in the hallway, trying to find her friend. Along the way, she saw girls giving chocolates to boys they like. It was sweet, wishing she could be that confident to give chocolates to her crush up front.

"Hi Emi..." Turning around, Emi saw the boy she knew that had a crush on her.

Emi gave him a smile. "Hey Mitsu. What's up?"

His hands were behind his back, slowly revealing what he was hiding. "I know it's unusual for a boy to give a girl chocolates on Valentine's Day, but please take these."

It was a heart shaped chocolate box, Emi gratefully took it. "It looks like I have to thank you on White Day then."

Mitsu started to blush. "I-I'll be on my way now!" He rushed away, leaving a trail of dust behind.

"That's something you don't see on Valentine's Day." Turning around, Emi saw Sumire standing there. "You're really lucky, Emi. Not many girls get chocolates from boys on this day. It's usually the other way around."