Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Gerald stepped out of the office, rubbing the back of his neck, trying to get rid of a crick. He was just checked for any trackers or bugs that might have been on him. They weren't exactly that gentle. They scoured him, made him take his clothes off and washed his hair roughly. It didn't help that they were all women too.

After being sure that he was bug-free, they let him leave. It was the first time since this morning that he had been separated from Sarah. His heart felt heavy. He missed her. Don't be so ridiculous, Gerald. You don't even know her.

He got in the car and drove home. What if I just...visited? yeah, to make sure...they settled in right. You are bug free, so it should be safe... No Gerald. Remember? You have to stay away from her. You don't want 'M' to get a hold on her. To get a hold on you. But it's not going to make a difference anyways...but...He shook his head indecisively.

He called General De Leon. "Hello?"

"Hi tito Chris. Si Gerald to."

"Oh Gerald, napatawag ka?"

"Ah, kinakamusta ko lang kung okay na kayo."

"Ayun, maayos naman sila." Christopher hesitated before asking. "Gusto mo dumalaw?"

Gerald bit his lip. Should I? I can't...But I want to! But..."Sure, I'm on my way."

"I'll be expecting you." Christopher ended the call.

Gerald breathed deeply. I hope you know what your getting yourself into Anderson. He told himself.

                                                                  ***

Christopher fixed a little  snack for Sarah, Xyriel and Gerald. Just a few sandwiches. He didn't know how to cook much, he just knew how to feed himself. He hadn't cooked in the last five years. He had to try and get used to having two other people in the house. He brushed his hands together, and went upstairs to check on the pair. "Xyriel, Sarah, maayos na ba kayo?" He knocked.

Sarah opened the door. "Opo tito Chris. Salamat po talaga sa lahat." Sarah smiled.

Christopher's heart melted a little. He had a sudden wish for Sarah to start calling him 'dad'. "Walang ano man. Baba muna kayo para makakain."

"Sige po tito Chris. Si Xyriel tulog na eh." She said gently. "Pagod po kasi sya sa mga pangyayari ngayon."

Christopher nodded. "Okay. Halika, ikaw na lang kumain baka gutom ka na."

Sarah followed him downstairs to the dining room. The place was elegant with a golden chandelier hanging from above the table. Thablw itself was beautifully polished, made out of mahogany.