Boot Camp [ 3 ]

Please excuse the eccesive amount of cursing in the one part of the chapter. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. :) Happy reading :)

____________________________________________________________________

I've kept him out of my thoughts for the past four years. The first year here, he was all that I could think about. After that, I couldn't find a shit to give for him. He ruined my life.

I was home, sitting on my bed, blasting my music with Charlie and Devon sitting on my floor. I smiled to myself. Mom never sent me to that god awful place afterall. Must've been a dream. I shook my head and chucked my pillow at Devon after his "Dude, your mom is seriously so hot," comment. Not a minute later my 'hot mom' came up into my room holding a plate of (my favorite) chocolate chip cookies. It's no secret that her 'home-made' cookies aren't really home-made. They're from that wonderful yellow, omnipresent bag in the fridge.

A smile spread across my face and I jumped up, along with my friends, heading for the cookies. The smell made it's way to me for about ten seconds before it was gone, and as I set one foot on my carpet covered floor, it was gone. The smell, yes, but also the floor. I was falling down, down, down into a never ending black hole.

I squeezed my eyes shut, falling for a little longer before I hit solid ground. "Ryan I swear to the Big Man of the Heavens, if you don't wake up right now, I'll go to breakfast without you."

I took a deep breath, inhaling dirt and hoped to 'the Big Man of the Heavens' that I wasn't where I thought I was. I opened one eye, coughing. I saw two feet standing before me and I opened my other eye. "Come on, man, get up," the voice above me whined.

I huffed and looked up. Kris. "It's almost six, we gotta get to the dining area before the line gets so long we don't get to eat until lunch," he kicked dirt in my face and then tapped my cheek with his boot.

I groaned, getting to my feet. I sat on my cot, shoving my boots on. Kris was already on his way out of the large tent where we slept. I followed after him. I looked down at his wrist, no watch. There's no electricity in the tent, so there's no clock... "How do you know what time it is?"

"You gotta learn to read the sun, bro."

I stopped walking to gawk at him. "How the fuck do you read the sun, if there is so fucking sun?" I wave my arms around in the darkness in a spastic gesture.

Kris kept walking. "Well, you learn any-fucking-way. Plus, you add the fucking clock that's up there," he pointed to the large clock tower that stood high in the middle of the camp. "and add the fucking fact that the wake up alarm fucking rung about ten minutes ago. You're a heavy sleeper, dude. I'm also figuring out that you're one of those fucking people who use the word 'fucking' whenever you feel like and that's pretty fucking annoying, so quit it," he kept walking, not bothering to check if I was behind him.

When we got to the breakfast line, there were more than twenty people ahead of us. "See now if I just left you lying on your floor, I could've been up by Tasha Kleeman. She's frickin' gorgeous. You're lucky I like you." God, it's like I never left high school.

"You barely even know me," I tell him, glancing at Tasha. She looks familiar... and then I see Lanie out of the corner of my eye.

"Still, you're the first person I've met here that's talked to me and hasn't made a ginger joke," he joked, a smirk on his lips.

"Trust me, I'll get there," I joked back. "What's she doing?" I gesture toward Lanie, cutting so she's first in line.

"See that guy she's next to? He was the one who pushed you yesterday." I nod. "He's the only guy that's been able to get in a five foot radius of her without getting kicked in the balls."