Seriously Tony? - Reader/Tony Stark

Sort of TonyxReader? Idk. It's based off that scene in Howl's Moving Castle for those who've read/watched it. Those who haven't: it's coming to Netflix on the first of next month! Or you could... you know... read the book!

Thanks that's all!

———

The second Tony started to get sick, you knew what to do.

The coughing started in the morning and it took Tony one glance around the room to realise everyone had heard it. "I'm going to my lab," he announced and started walking away. Clint and Natasha modded wisely, like getting him away from them was the best thing to do. Steve and Bruce, meanwhile, were not looking so pleased with that idea.

"I don't think so, Tones. It's back to bed," Bruce decided as Steve blocked the doorway.

"What? Why?" The genius asked.

"Because you're sick." As the first one to announce it, you had the desired effect. Natasha and Clint fled and Bruce had to force himself not to step away from Tony.

"Yeah. So I'll work in the lab, away from you all day," Tony decided, making to move around Steve who still blocked the doorway.

"With everything dangerous in there? No way. You need rest, Tony. Come on," you grabbed his wrist, which was slightly warmer than you'd expected and started leading the dishevelled scientist back to his room.

Tony gave up struggling halfway there, realising that his weakened state was no match for you. When you got to his room, you gave him the privacy to pull on his pyjama bottoms and top while you searched for medicine. Upon reentering his room, you found he was on a tablet with some sort of hologram thing.

"No."

"Oh come on, (Y/N/N)! I'm bored!" He complained, his sweaty face flushed as you reached a hand to check his temperature.

"Uh uh, no touchies. Jarvis? What's my temp?"

"38° sir. I suggest taking the medicine Miss (Y/L/N) has provided for you and rest," the AI replied.

"Everyone's a critic," he groaned but did as the AI said and took the pills you offered him.

You turned away for a second, looking for a spot out of his reach to put the tablet when a wounded groan sounded behind you.

"What?" You asked, already irritated the man had to be babied like this.

"I need water." The pills were still on his hand where you'd placed them moments before.

An inside debate occurred for a moment before you realised that if you left for water, you could leave his tablet in the kitchen. Tony would go to any length to reach his tech but the kitchen had now been quarantined by Natasha and Clint.

"Fine."

———

Tony was the worst patient. Once you'd gotten him his water and hidden away his tablet, you found he was on his phone.

You confiscated it, only for Jarvis to alert you not two minutes later that Tony was fiddling with something new. You confiscated that too.

And then he wanted more water. And another box of tissues. And then another blanket. And now it was too hot ("Well chuck it on the floor Tony! You're not a child!").

You'd sit down in the kitchen for half a second before Jarvis would tell you there was a new request and Tony wouldn't tell Jarvis what it was so you'd have to go to his room and back to the kitchen and then back to his room before being summoned again a minute later.