Chapter 34: First Aid

"Good. See you soon." Britta said quickly before hanging up and stashing her phone.

"Everyone's fine, just some cuts and bruises, I could hear them laughing about it in the background." she murmured to Sebastian as he was weighed.

"Now please smile." she said, patting him on the arm and shooing him off to the pre-podium room.

The podium ceremony was awkward to say the least. Most people, including the interviewer, were completely baffled over what had just happened and neither Kimi nor Seb were forthcoming with insight. While Nico Rosberg was answering questions, Kimi seemed increasingly pleased with himself as he and Seb chatted quietly in Finnish to avoid being eavesdropped.

It wouldn't be the first time Kimi had thrown a cameraman to the ground. Seb couldn't help but crack a grin at his fiery friend while he retold his side of the story.

Seb noticed half of his team had disappeared from the fence-line below after the scuffle, which sunk his heart a little bit. He was there because of them and they were his biggest cheer squad. The remaining members of the team did their best to make up for them though.

He hoped the press conference would go quickly. He just wanted to get back to the garage and find out what happened.

---

Casey sat on the side bench back in the garage, next to Evan. Their legs dangled against the cupboards below them.

"How much blood can I possibly have." Evan asked incredulously as he swapped out another wad of scarlet red tissues for a fresh white set. He was holding them against his bleeding nose which seemed to have no intention of stopping.

Casey giggled as she glanced at him. She was holding a plastic container full of dry ice, wrapped in a t-shirt against the side of her face.

Evan leaned his head back against the wall and turned to look at her. He laughed menacingly as his attention landed on her cheek, "Lucky purple suits you since half your face is gonna' be that colour in about an hour."

Casey elbowed him as he snickered to himself.

They watched as the rest of the team continued as normal with their duties around the garage.

"You know I might take a hit to the face more often, this is kinda' nice, sitting here doing nothing while everyone else works." Casey said airily.

"Yeah, it's a real party." Evan said sarcastically, inspecting his tissues again as they slowly became saturated with more and more of his blood.

Jake stopped in front of them and shot them both a dubious look, "How're our invalids doing, not dead yet?"

"I think I'm gonna' make it. Though Evan's lost so much blood now I don't like his chances." Casey replied nonchalantly.

"This is getting fucking ridiculous." Evan whimpered, trading out for new tissues again.

"Have they sent you to medical yet?" Jacob asked.

Evan shook his head, "No, we've just been left to die on this bench like canon fodder."

"Aww." Casey cooed at Evan while sharing a smirk with Jacob.

Jacob reached up and held Casey's jaw gently, pushing her head to the side. "Can I see?" he asked.

Casey gingerly pulled the makeshift ice-pack away from her cheek and hissed quietly.

Jacob's brow shot up in surprise, "Wow." he laughed, "That is going to be impressive. Whose t-shirt is that?"

"Heikki's."