Chapter Five.

HEY, here's chapter FIVE! I hope you like it:)

Just wondering on the people that read my last chapter, did anyone actually try a pickle in A1 sauce? I have to say that it isn't THAT bad. Lol. I was forced to try it. Umm, yeah, sorry that was a little random, but you should tell me if yout did! [=

Vote. Comment. Fan.

*****

Chapter Five.

    I sit down in the living room on the couch opposite to Sierra and Mick. I can’t believe that this is happening. I don’t want to sit around the coffee table and pretend to have an interest in whatever in the hell is going on in their lives. It’s not like I don’t know what’s going on with Sierra and Mick, I mean they’re obvious.
    Look at them, even I, knowing how horrible Mick is can’t help but think about how cute they are together. Mick’s sitting with his legs propped up on the coffee table, his arm draped over Sierra’s shoulders, her legs are barely brushing against his, their fingers intertwining together. He looks so…sweet when he’s put next to Sierra, they look like they love each other.
    Then the door bell rings, snapping me out of my daze.
    “Shay, could you get that?” Sierra asks. “It’s Marcus.”    
    I nod, getting off of the couch.
    “Nice shorts,” I hear Mick say behind me. Yeah, he looks sweet, then he opens his mouth and all hope for mankind is lost.
    I knew I should have changed before I came down here. I don’t want to give him any ideas. I pull at the bottom of my shorts, in attempt to make them longer, but it doesn’t work. If I would’ve changed I would’ve had to listen to Sierra complain.
    I take a big deep breath in, then let it out as I twist the cold door knob and open it. Marcus is standing in front of me. His light brown hair ruffled into a mess and his white t-shirt is spotless, his jeans are a little baggie, but in a good way.
    I force a smile and say, “hi, Marcus,” about as quietly as possible.
    Marcus’ eyes scan over me and I can tell that my legs have his attention. “Look, this wasn’t my idea, okay, your sister made me come because she said--”
    “It’s fine. I know how Sierra is, I have to live with her,” I remind him, holding the door open so he can come in.
    Marcus chuckles. “Right,” he says, brushing past me. “So, if you’re fine with this, then how come you told me that you couldn’t earlier?” he asks, while I shut the front door.
    I shrug, as the door clicks shut, letting me know that I’m stuck. I stare down at my feet bare feet. “I just, thought that it would be…weird,” I say, stumbling over my words. “The last time we talked was like a month ago and now…” I trail off, not remembering where I was taking this. “I don’t know…”
    Marcus nods, taking everything I’m saying in. “Did something happen, while I was gone?” he questions.
    I look away from him and stare at the coat rack by the door. “Like what?” I respond, keeping the annoyance out of my voice. I don’t want to be a bitch to Marcus, I know that he’s just trying to be nice. I mean, he may be into some bad things, but he’s never treated me with anything less than respect.
    He shrugs his muscular shoulders. “I don’t know, something like…with Mick?” he replies, quietly. “I mean, it’s okay, if you did, we weren’t together, or anything. I just sort of always thought that--”
    My attention shoots back to Marcus. At first I’m a little confused as to what he‘s talking about, but I slowly start to catch on. Marcus thinks that I slept with--no Marcus thinks that I WILLINGLY slept with Mick. Just the thought make my want to throw up.
    “If you really think that I would do something like that, then I guess you don’t know me as well as you’d like to think,” I say sternly, but quietly.
    “So you didn’t?”
    Sighing annoyed, I focus on the window across the room, watching the sun get lower and lower as the sky gets darker and darker. Obviously, Marcus is looking for a certain answer. Does he want me to say that I slept with Mick? What? I have no clue what the ‘male species’ mind thinks of, or expects--well, I know what their mind expects, Mick made that pretty clear.
    “This is why I didn’t want to hang out with you. I mean, if you don’t care then why are you interrogating me?” I question, keeping my voice at a calm level. If we get any louder then Sierra and Mick will hear us.
    Marcus’ deep green eyes wander around the room, looking for what he’s going to say, or rather ask next. He swallows hard and his jaw sets. “You did?”
    Now he’s just pissing me off. Will he just drop it? I don’t want to talk about this anymore. I have too many other thoughts bouncing around in my head. Too many things reminding me that I can’t just fake my way through this. Fine, if he wants an answer, I’ll give him the one he’s looking for.
    “Yeah, I did, and you know what, it was great, now I know why every other girl in our school wants to be with him,” I start, lashing out my anger on Marcus, instead of him. “He just has this way of making a girl feel so special and wanted, like there’s nobody else in the world that he would rather be with,” I finish, biting down on my bottom lip to keep from saying what I really feel about Mick. I know Marcus doesn’t deserve this, but the only way I can get him to leave me alone is to be a complete bitch to him. This is the only way.
    “You’re ly--” Marcus gets cut off mid-sentence.
    “Shay, are you guys going to come in here, or what?” Sierra asks.
    “Just a second,” I yell back to her.
    “Can you bring the Cheese-It’s while you’re up?” she asks.
    I roll my eyes and walk into the kitchen, feeling Marcus walking behind me. “Do you want anything?” I ask Marcus, trying to be hospitable, but Sierra’s better at making people feel welcome. She’s better at a lot of things.
    “I’m good,” he replies.
    I open the pantry and scan the food, searching for the Cheese-Its. “Are you sure?” I check.
    “You’re changing the subject,” Marcus says. Without looking at him, I can sense a smile in his tone. “Which means that you’re lying.”
    I sigh. “You were obviously looking for a certain answer and I gave you want you wanted. If you wanted to hear that I slept with him, then fine, I did, but if you want to hear the truth, I didn’t. I’ve known you forever, so what makes you think that I would really sleep with him, if I won’t even sleep with you.” He knows I’m right, which is why he’s not responding.
    “So you didn’t?” He asks one more time, I can tell that he’s joking now because of the tone of his voice, but I can’t stand another moment of this. While he thinks that this is us joking, I’m stuck thinking about how I’m the punch line in Mick’s sick joke.
    I make really annoyed sound as I grab the box of Cheese-Its and storm out of the kitchen. I throw the box at Sierra, just missing her head by an inch.
    “There’s your Cheese-Its! I’m going to my room, bother me, and die!” I snap, while stomping up the steps.
    “Come on, Shay, I’m just messing with you now,” Marcus calls up the steps.
    “Yeah, well, I’m not in the mood to be messed with, Marcus!” I say, almost reaching the top of the steps.
    “Shaaay,” Sierra’s voice whines. “These aren’t the ones with the reduced fat, are you trying to kill me?” she asks dramatically.
    Why does it matter if it’s reduced fat? You’ll just throw it up in the end, anyways. It’s not like it’ll be in your system long enough for you to gain weight. I just ignore her and keep walking up the steps. If she wants reduced fat Cheese-Its, then she can get her boney ass off of the couch and get them herself. Or, better yet, she could get her lousy excuse for a boyfriend go get her ‘reduced fat Cheese-Its’! I doubt that they’re really  reduced fat. I mean, how do you know if they don’t just take the regular Cheese-Its and put in in a box with ‘reduced fat written across it? That right, you don’t.
    Look at me, I’m going on about Cheese-Its! I need to get out of this place. Get away from everybody. The one place that I used to go to get away is in the woods behind my house, but there’s no way in hell that I will set foot there again. Like a bunch of things, he was the one to take that away from me too.
    In the woods, behind our house, there’s a very small grassy field, surrounded by trees, that I would go to every time I felt sad, or got in a fight with my parents, or even my sister. Nobody knows about it, except Marcus, and well, Mick too. I don’t even know how Mick knew about it, or how he knew that I was there that night. Maybe he followed me, who knows. He could have saw me climbing off my small window ledge and just decided to see where I was going. I know that he was in my room that night, which, I didn’t mind because we were just talking and I liked talking to him. Just talking. I was okay with him being around, until he took it too far.
    A part of me liked Mick because I was supposed to, I mean after all he’s my sister’s boyfriend. Another part of me liked him because I really liked Marcus and I know that if anything happened between Marcus and I, I would have to like his friends. Well, I’ve come to terms with the fact that I don’t have to like everybody, especially in situations such as these. They say that hate is a really strong word, but when it comes to Mick, it’s not strong enough.
    I’m tired of putting up with Mick because of Sierra and Marcus, just because he is a part of their lives doesn’t mean that he has to be a part of mine. Right?
    When I get into my room, I toss m hair back into the messy bun that I wanted it to be in earlier and unmake my bed. I crawl under the covers and get comfy. I glance at the clock and it’s only six thirty. I’m clearly tired, but I don’t want to close my eyes, because that’s when my memories begin to take over. The longer I keep my eyes closed, the deeper my thoughts carry me into mind shattering fears. Anything I do can bring these memories to the surface of my thinking, but when my eyes are closed, it’s so much more vivid. There’s only one way to make it stop.
    After a about an hour of trying to endeavor sleep, I get out of bed, walk out of my room, and stroll into my parents master bathroom. I stare at myself in the large mirror for a few seconds. Knowing that the girl looking back at me, seems nothing like how I feel on the inside. I open the medicine cabinet and look through the orange prescription containers. Percocet, Xanex, and I stop on Vicodin. What my parents are doing with all of these prescriptions, is beyond my knowledge, but I’m glad they have them. I push down on the lid, twist, and ‘pop’; the lids off. I cup five pills into the palm of my hand and quickly put the lid back on, placing the container back in it’s exact spot and position.
    I walk out of my parents room and into my bathroom. I pull out an old, empty film dispenser and dispose all of the pills into it, except one. This will help, hopefully. I have seen Marcus do all sorts of things, things even more illegal than Vicodin. What’s the worst it could do? Kill me? Like that would really be a problem to my parents. Plus, it’s only one little pill and it’s just to get me to sleep. Nothing more than that.
    I take the tall glass next to my sink and fill it half empty of water. I pop the pill in my mouth, swallowing it, I chase it down with a lot of water so that it will kick in faster. I walk into my room and hide the container in my nightstand, next to a small box of condoms. Just thinking about how they got in there, make me want to laugh. It was a good day when it happened. Sierra and I had just turned fifteen and our mom told us about sex, like we didn’t already know about it. Sierra and I laughed about it for days. I like laughing with Sierra, it sure beats arguing with her. Anyways, our mom gave us each a box of condoms and told us to ‘be safe, and remember, no love without a glove’. Then she walked out of the room and left Sierra and I to laugh for hours. Of course, Sierra was already doing ‘the deed’ for about a year before that, and our parents had no clue. I did though.
    Sierra actually told me the night of, and it was in the backseat of the guy’s car. No, his parent’s car. Nothing says ‘I love you’ like the back seat of your mom and dad’s Ford Focus. Am I right? She had been dating this sixteen year old guy for a couple of months. That’s when she got Mick’s attention. I think anybody could see where this is going…she dumped the older guy for Mick. Something I wish she wouldn’t have done. It could have saved me this…torture.
    I quickly slide the drawer shut and lay back down.
    Now all I have to do is wait. Wait for this medicine to submerge me into sleep. Hopefully it works, I only took one because one is the equivalent of four Ibuprofen, which is the most you can take at a time.
    As my eyes start to close, my bedroom door opens, waking me up. A couple seconds later, somebody plops down next to me. Judging by the weight, I know it’s Sierra.
    “What do you want?” I ask, it comes out like more of a whisper.
    “I want to know what’s wrong with you?” Sierra replies. “I told Mick and Marcus to go home.”
    “Why?”
    “Because apparently something’s bothering you,” she says. “So…what is it?
    I shrug. “I’m just tired,” I reply, faking a yawn.
    “You’re always ‘just tired’,” she points out. “I may not be the best sister, but you can talk to me, you know? I may not care about what you have to say, but I’ll always listen.”
    I roll over and look at her. This is my chance. I can tell her. She wants to know, so I can tell her. I want to tell her. I want her to know. But, what if she doesn’t believe me? What if she thinks that I’m lying? I can’t have her thinking that I’m a liar. It’s better to just not tell her.
    I force a smile. “I’m fine, Misty.”
    Sierra laughs. “You remember that?”
    I nod, actually smiling this time, remembering when we were ten at fourth grade camp. I think that was the greatest time Sierra and I have ever had together. We were put in a cabin together and had to share bunk beds, not to mention like six other beds with the other girls. I had the top bunk because she was afraid of rolling off, so was I, but what Sierra wants; Sierra gets. Anyways, on our first day at camp, we were in the lunch hall and Sierra had gotten a Sierra Mist to drink. I wasn’t really paying attention, but one of the other girls said something to her that was funny and Sierra spewed Sierra Mist out of her nose. It was gross, but in a funny way. It seriously came out in a mist, then we everybody referred to her has ‘Sierra Misty’ or ‘Misty’ for short. It was great. I miss the way she was then. Fun and more alive.
    “I kind of wish we could go back to being little again, you know?” I say.
    Sierra wrinkles her nose. “No way. Go back to flat chests, ab-less guys, and messy hair? Girl, you have lost your mind,” she giggles.
    I pretend to agree with her, but I still think things were better when we were younger. Everything was fine when we were younger, mostly because everything that was real was kept hidden.

*****

SO?!

Whatdya think?!

Did Mick tell Marcus something?

Do we like Marcus...

Or Jude?

Oh and don't worry, there will be more about the things that Marcus has done. And no, he's not a psycho killer who's plotting to take over the world. You know, just incase you were wondering.

Oh and, Sierra is NOT a vampire, just letting you know that too. Just because her skin is cold does NOT mean that she's a vampire. Her skin doesn't sparkle, so she's NOT a fairy either. And she doesn't fly, so she's not a bat, or a fairy. Lol.

What do you think will be in the next chapter...

Clowns?

Finger paints?

Cauliflower?

WHAT?!

Any predictions?

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK IN A COMMENT=]

Thanks SO much for reading!

You rock=]

<3JustKaylay.