𝟏𝟖| 𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

"Thank you Frenchy," I said as we walked to school. She doesn't have a car, and Rizzo wouldn't give me a ride. Frenchy said that she wouldn't leave me so we decided to walk. It was her first day back and the night of the dance (A/N i accidentally typed Saturday, not Friday, two chapters ago so just pretend that i said Friday ;)).

To say I was nervous was an understatement. Kenickie won't be happy that I'll be with Leo, but then again, when did I ever care about Kenickie's opinion? Every damn day.

"Well Frenchy," I said turning to her as we came up to the school. "I would walk you in, but your blonde hair might blind everyone."

Oh yeah, after Frenchy accidentally dyed my hair, she decided to dye it blonde as well. Something about 'blondes having the most fun'.

"That's alright. Oh, that reminds me, I won't be able to take you home tonight," Frenchy looked at me apologetically. "I have to finish up some papers here."

"S'alright," I smiled at her. "I'll call Leo."

Frenchy gave me the side eye at this but I just laughed.

"Okay, well, I'll see you after school? Rizzo wants to talk during lunch and you might not want to come..." Frenchy mumbled. I knew she wasn't trying to hurt my feelings, but still, it hurt that Rizzo hates me. She does have every right, though.

"Yeah," I nodded. I left her side and walked into class with my bubblegum balloon growing.

The day went by quickly and soon I was in the garage with Sonny, Doody and Putzie.

"Alright, we got three days left to fix up Greased Lightnin'," Doody said to me.

"Why are you lookin' at me?" I asked. "I know nothin' 'bout cars," I lied. To be honest, I just didn't want to get my shirt dirty.

"I dunno," Doody shrugged.

"So don't get in Kenickie's way..." Putzie butted in.

"Kenickie's gonna be in there?" I asked, nervously. I haven't seen him since last night, but the thought of seeing him scares me.

"Yeah, it's his car," Sonny sassed.

"Shut up," I nudged him while dangling a cigarette in my mouth, trying to find my lighter.

I went over to the same crate I sat in last time I was in here, and silently smoked as I watched the boys go over plans on the desk nearby.

Kenickie walked in and made short eye contact with me. I felt bad when I saw the pain and heartbreak in his eyes. He just gave me a sad smile as he walked over to the boys. He stood over the plans and after thirty seconds, he started to walk towards the car.

"Alright boys, let's start workin'," Kenickie said, coming over to me. "Move over toots."

I looked at him with confusion, but I moved anyways. Kenickie swiped a wrench that was under my leg and grabbed a box and a rag form beside me. His arm grazed my exposed thigh and I felt electricity buzz throughout my body.

He laid down underneath the propped car and started working on it. I loved watching him work. He seemed so focused and completely at ease.

"Hey lower your head, Kenickie!" Doody said as he and carried a new bumper underneath Greased Lightnin'.

"What are ya doin'?" Kenickie mumbled into his cigarette as he blocked his head.

"Doody- C'mon Kenickie!" Sonny exclaimed as Kenickie jutted his arm up, not letting the boys through. "Give him a break!"