𝟏𝟑 | 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃

I walked back to Frosty Palace. That was where I last saw the guys. It took about twenty minutes to walk and by the time I got there, I was sweating like maniac. I wiped off some visible sweat and rolled on some perfume. I checked my appearance in my compact mirror and quickly made my way into the café. I walked over to the boys and jumped over the booth to sit down in between Danny and Kenickie. They didn't notice I've sat down yet.

"Ah!" Danny exclaimed. "For chrissake, Charlie where the hell you came from?"

"Just came in," I smiled. I pulled out my compact mirror again and dabbed some powder on my nose. My makeup was starting to move.

"Where did ya go?" Kenickie asked me. I swiped some powder off of my nose and looked him straight into the eye.

"Why do you care?" I asked.

"Well, I dunno if you were killed or somethin'" he mumbled. My lip twitched up for a second, but then returned to a scowl.

"Well I didn't."

"You could've," Kenickie shot back.

"You wish," I turned away and Kenickie hit the spot between my shoulder and breast to stop me from turning away.

"You gotta tell me if somethin's up." Kenickie looked at me like I was kid.

"Sure," I mumbled, putting a cigarette in my mouth and lighting it. I gave a quick glance at everyone else, knowing what they were thinking. I tried to run away again. If only they knew.

"Anything you want?" Viola, the café waitress that I've grown to like, asked with her pen poised.

"Um-" I started, thinking about some fries and maybe a milkshake.

"We gotta go," Kenickie said, standing up to walk out.

"But I wanted-" I said again.

"No, we gotta go."

"Let the woman get her damn fries!" Sonny yelled. Viola scribbled something down and left. Kenickie looked at her walking away and turned to me. I put my hands up in defeat and sat back down.

"I'll be outside," Kenickie said. He left, leaving me with the rest of the gang with curiosity in their eyes.

"Why does Kenickie wanna leave with ya?" Putzie asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh, god, no. Nothin' like that, gang." I laughed. Viola came back with fries and I grabbed one, shoving it into my mouth. Danny threw a dollar bill towards the end of the table for Viola to grab.

"I was gonna get that!" I whined with my mouth full.

"Nonsense, I got it." Danny said, waving me off. "Now, why does Kenickie want to go with you so bad?"

They all had cheeky grins on their faces. How do I say this without it sounding bad? "Alright, well, I sorta told him how I don't like my parents and he's letting me stay with him."

"No kidding?" Doody asked, surprised. I shook my head.

"But! It's nothing more," I said, grabbing the last few fries. I munched on them one by one and just sat there, looking at Kenickie smoking through the café window at Kenickie smoking. One day, I want that boy to be mine.

"Hey, Charlie," I heard Danny say. I turned back to him and let him continue. "Please don't make Rizzo have a reason to kick you out."

"Darlin', she already has." I smirked at their surprised faces and got up to walk out. I pushed on the doors and the warm, summer night air hit my body. Kenickie turned at the sound of the bell ringing and his face relaxed once he saw me.