Chapter Sixteen

Edit: The video on the side is the song that goes with this chapter. It's the I Burn remix from the RWBY Yellow trailer. If I've timed it right, you can read the chapter in time with the music and it becomes THAT much more awesome. Ok, press plaaaaayyyyy... NOW!

After a lovely day out together, we pulled up at the pack house, throwing ourselves out of the car. I sprinted through the house and up to my room, quickly changing into a pair of shorts and a black tank, leaving my feet bare. Despite the close proximity to winter, it was just too hot today.

I rushed downstairs to the lounge room to find Matt sitting carelessly on the couch, his dishevelled hair adding to the image of pure attraction. I dashed over and jumped on him, giggling ridiculously. His hands moved to my face as they pull me in for a kiss. I gladly returned the favour.

My hands drifted to the back of his head, entangling themselves in his hair. His hands slid down my sides and settle on my hips, holding me to him. He quickly flipped us so he was on top. He leaned in and gave me a quick peck before tickling my sides.

I screamed as I laughed uncontrollably, hating that I’m so ticklish. I pulled my knees up to my chest and carefully kicked Matt off me. He rolled onto the floor, grabbing my wrist as he did so, making me tumble with him. It soon turned into a test of strength as each of us tried to pin the other.

I forced him down and straddled his chest leaning down to plant a soft kiss on his cheek. I pulled myself up off him and turned to sit back on the couch. When my back was turned I felt a weight rush into my side and pull me back down. Cheap shot! Hitting me while my back was turned.

He pinned me and sat on my waist as I had sat on him. He placed a soft kiss on my nose before moving to my lips.

“Get a room you two!” Joel called from the doorway.

I threw Matt off me, a little too roughly, and ran at Joel. I tackled him to the ground, pinning him for a mere second before he threw me off and ran. I followed Joel through the house, growling playfully and chased him towards the back door. Once outside, Joel shifted and turned to look at me, a slight smirk on his wolfs face. For some reason I remember hearing song lyrics play in my head. It was the same song I’d heard Friday night.

Black the beast descends from shadows.

I ran out the door after him.

Yellow beauty burns,

I jump into the air and time seems to stand still.

Gold.

I shift mid air, feeling an odd ripple, and landed effortlessly, the base dropped.

I surveyed myself, feeling different. My toes were still white but my fur had become a silver-grey. My underside matched the pure white of my toes.

I shot off into the forest after Joel, running at full wolf speed. Catching up to him, I launched into the air.

Mirror, tell me something…

I landed on his back and pushed him to the ground. He growls playfully and pushes me off. We ran at breakneck pace, dodging trees effortlessly.

Fear of what’s inside me.

I easily pulled away, running ahead. I soon entered a small clearing and stopped short. I see a man and scent the air. Rogue.

The man looked up at me and shifted instantly into a white wolf, his fur leeched of all colour. We began to circle one another.

Born with no life, into subjugation.

Treated like a worthless animal.

Stripped of all rights, just a lesser being.

Crushed by cruel, worthless human rule.

The rogue and I leapt at one another, meeting in mid-air. We easily fought of each other’s initial attacks. Landing, we began to circle again, snarling and snapping at each other.

From shadows, we’ll descend upon the world,

Take back what you stole.

I launched at the rogue, snapping at his neck. He swiped a massive white paw at my head, which I narrowly missed. It was a battle of dominance. We tumbled through the trees, raking our claws across each other’s bodies. We separated and I raised myself on my hind legs to swipe at him.

Taking note of my exposed underside, the rogue leapt at me, tackling me to the ground. He stood over me, not giving an inch of movement.  He brought his head down, latching his jaws onto my shoulder. I thrashed around in pain, biting at his neck until I managed to throw him off. The rogue slammed into a tree, landing limp as an old toy in the dirt. His tired body shifted back to its human form. I got up and sat howling to the tune of the song.

The man wouldn’t give up. He stood, wiping blood from his lip as he sauntered closer. “You’re gonna pay for this.”

I almost sniggered at the hilarity and finished the howl as my eyes changed colour, a presence taking over my body.

With a running start I jumped at a tree near the rogue, launching off it to land behind him. He swung around, throwing a blind punch. I ducked under his arm and crawled around him. My jaws locked onto his ankle, throwing him across the clearing and into another tree. I bounded over to his body as he struggled to get up. A few metres away, he shifted once more in front of me. I leapt over his head, twisting as I do to avoid being caught in his jaws. The entire movement felt as though it was in slow motion. I nipped at his tail, causing him to yelp and turn to face me. I barrelled towards him and he shifted once more, attempting to throw me off. I ran straight through him, showing no mercy. I stopped and returned to his trampled body and gripped his head between my jaws.

Like a fever I will take you down.

On the final note, I jerked my head, snapping the rogue’s neck.

Hello little one. A kind voice says in my head.

Who are you?

I am Yang.

A.N.

Heeeheeee!! I'm terrible aren't I? Comment below what you think! :D