Chapter One [In Editing]

Hi everyone! Here is a little story that I was inspired to write. A little fact, I spent my Chemistry lesson writing this and Chemistry is my favourite class. Please vote and comment and even fan if you like!

Much love, Emma xoxo

P.S. for any Aussies doing their HSC, yes one of my tags for this is 'belonging' get over it. I did that on purpose as a little joke. ok, enjoy :P

Image of Jessica on side -------->

I quickly packed my books and left the classroom in a rush. I was late for Biology and we had an important practical. I passed the library and entered the concrete quad, slowing and taking a quick moment to look at the gorgeous tree that resides in the centre. It was that one fatal look that ruined everything. As my eyes slid back to what was ahead of me, I saw them. The boy who was supposed to be my mate, and his girlfriend. They stood just beneath the tree, kissing, almost making out for the whole world to see.

He's my best friend. We're as close as anyone can be. But that didn't matter. He could never know what I am. What he was to me.

They say jealousy is unflattering. Well, it's not so unflattering when it does to you what it does to me. So I increased my walking speed, almost sticking my nose in the air and walking like a pompous bitch. No pun intended. But my curiosity betrayed me. I took one stupid quick peek as I pulled alongside them. Just a few yards away. They're still at it. And the way he looks at her. God it just tore my heart into pieces.

And that's it. I couldn't take it.

There was a shudder rippling down my spine and I felt dangerous. Barely a few steps past them I just ripped apart. My uniform shredded into scraps and flew in all directions. My backpack torn from my back, the straps severed. My white fur sprouted, my ears became pointed, my tail grew. I threw my front paws down onto the asphalt and growled menacingly at the tiny students. But only for a moment until I shot off past the classrooms and the canteen, around the hall and out onto the ovals.

At the far side of the oval is a hill that leads to a bit of forest with roads on the other side - It's more a of nature strip really. I pushed through the scrub and pound the pavement - oh how cliched - right to the main road and straight across. It was lucky I'd caught the perfect time of day with a gap between traffic lights - In summary, there was no one on the roads I ran at all. Pure, stupid luck. On the other side of the road there is a small creek and the beginnings of the larger forest. There is a walking track through some of it, but very few people use it anymore. I ran down the embankment and settled my hindquarters under a tree, next to the creek.

I was fuming after what I just saw. I couldn't get the image out of my head. I didn't care one bit that he'd been helping me through my... issues, I needed my escape. I began to claw and bite at my fur covered body. I raked my massive paws across my muzzle and my shoulders. I bit my legs and wrists. I stripped the bark off the tree above me and howled in agony.

The noise of the approaching traffic covered the sound. I continued clawing away until my right shoulder was bleeding and raw. My once beautiful white fur now a distant shadow of its former glory. The physical pain was my escape. A way of taking my mind off things and releasing my anger. The hard packed clay beneath my paws had been ripped and torn and gauged, it now littered the surrounding area. As did the bark and leaves from the tree. I settled on my hindquarters once more and howled a final challenge. I collapsed on my side, my paws just grazing the edge of the water. I began to bleed out.

I lay in a pit of black despair. Hoping never to return to the world from which I came. Until a something brushed past my nose. It twinged where the scratches are and I sniffled to push it away. Something touched my head briefly then moves away. A small tickling sensation ran down my side, along my ribs. God that feels good! But who would know this?

I cracked my eyelid open and guess who I saw? None other than the boy who I had wanted, but not wanted, to find me. Matthew Hudson himself. I let out a small growl and jumped to my feet, moving into a defensive stance. I crouched slightly, baring my teeth and growling threateningly. He just sat there like the stupid boy he was. I could feel his fear rolling off him like his sweat.

He can run fast, but he'll never outrun me. I made the lunge over his head but screwed my landing. As I took off, my right shoulder burned and gave way when I returned to the ground. I gave an involuntary yelp of pain and collapsed to the ground, writhing from the burning. 

Eventually the pain would subside, allowing me the ability to wontrol my movements once more. I scrabbled blindly at the dirt, slowly hauling myself to stand gingerly on four paws. My movements were slow and limping as I approached the stupid human. A slight smirk crossed my face in it's wolfish form. Oh how easy it would be to kill him. But there was still that bond, the bond we shared that was preventing me from making any move against him. 

He stood with his hands raised in the air, in a position of surrender. He looked completely stupid. If I didn't know him, if I didn't know what that gesture meant he could have easily been killed. That boy is so lucky he isn't dead right now. The human dared approach to inspect the strange magic, and with his eyes he took in every visible part of my massive form, lingering on my own spectral orbs. Yes my heterochromia was startling for some, but it had been so long we had known each other, I thought he would be over it. Idiot human. I could feel my wounds already healing themselves, the skin slowly knitting back together, leaving only dried blood caked in my fur.

My left foreleg felt fine, so I replaced it in the mud and sat there studying him. It was a regal form, shoulders rolled back and paws spaced widely, I glared down at him, feeling the sun alighting on the tips of my gorey fur to create a soft halo.

The boy took a step back, just watching, standing bravely, without a trace of fear on his face, looking straight in my eyes. Bad move kid. Ha! Kid! He can't call me that anymore. Not without fear of retribution. I gave a low warning growl and he didn't move.

I got up and walked fluidly towards him. He dropped his arms and lowered his eyes. He looked up once more with wonder clear on his face, marveling at the sheer size of me. I open my mouth in a wolfy grin, tongue lolling to the side.

A gust of wind, the scent of summer and a sudden feeling of complete serenity and calm. It was all the notice I got before my body began to shrink. I gave a yelp worthy of a pup and bound further into the trees. Just out of sight of the destroyed clearing I landed and changed back.

I lay curled up on my side on the soft earth, naked and covered in mud and congealed blood. Breathing heavily the scent of the earth I remained where I was. I never heard him come, but suddenly a pair of arms encircled my shoulders and I knew he was near. One hand remained on my left shoulder, while the other brushed softly over the back of my right shoulder.

After my ragged breathing subsided I chanced a look around before I found what I was searching for. I got up and walked over to a tree by the creek. Hidden in the roots was a small container holding spare clothes. I pulled a spare uniform from its depths and swiftly dressed, keeping my back to Matthew the whole time. I turned and walked towards the main road, and back to the school. I'm going to have a lot to answer for.