Chapter 6

Julia's POV

It's been a few hours now after the whole situation. The twins were being debriefed in the office with Alex, Butterfingers, and Sunshine. I was sitting on the counter in the kitchen, staring at the door that was shattered into pieces. 

"Miss Julia," The other new guard spoke softly. I looked at him to see his concerned expression. "That's cup number five, and you've been daydreaming for over an hour." 

"I-I'm fine. I've been through worse." He shook his head.

"Just because you've had worse trauma doesn't make situations like these less scary." I nodded at him with a smile. "Do you want another cup?" He held his hand out for the mug. 

"Thank you." I watched as he made me another cup of tea just the way I like it. Someone must have trained him to do it. "Perfect..."

"My name is Benjamin Shaw, ma'am." 

"Thanks, Watson." He laughed at the name. "You're observant and kind, like the real Watson." He nodded and took his place against the wall again. I went back to staring at the door the men were fixing. Another hour or so passed, and still no sign of any other life from the office. 

"Hey," I looked up to see that they all finally emerged from the office. "You okay?" Gabe's voice was concerned and calm. I nodded silently at him and then back at the door. "We've been standing out here for ten minutes, and you didn't notice." Oh, wow. "You know we're here if you want to talk about it at all." I nodded silently again. He left me alone and went to talk to Mitchell when I finally spoke.

"Am I always going to have to worry about being kidnapped by men and used?" The room was silent for a moment.

"Miss Julia, that's never going to happen," Sunshine answered before anyone could speak. He and I made eye contact for a few moments before Alex spoke.

"Jules, we aren't the same as three years ago. You will never have to pick up a gun or hurt someone to keep yourself and us safe. You bought us time; you always look out for all of us, so it's our time to look out for you. All of us would rather die before someone got their hands on you. No matter what." I nodded and sighed.

"Can we get a dog, a scary one?" I looked at Gabe and Mitchell, who just looked at me, confused.

"Just tell us why," Mitchell said softly.

"So I'm not alone."