Chapter 4

Gabe's POV

Mitchell and I sent the boys to collect Jules. We needed to go to a safe house or get her to one. There were threats made against us, talking about Jules. We don't want to make any more mistakes with her. She needs to be safe, and I'm sure she's going to town saying how we are stupid and should have been more observant on how we aren't doing our jobs right. I can hear her voice now. No, I can actually hear her voice. Mitchell and I walked into the safe house where she is, and I heard her and Alex arguing. What's new?

"Alex, I had just woken up. Muffins are cupcakes in disguise, just like you're a bottom in disguise. Stop rubbing it in you a**." She threw a pillow at Alex who was grinning ear to ear. They hadn't realized we came in yet. He caught the last part finally and threw the pillow back at her, then grabbed her. Her laugh sent chills up my spine, I forgot how much I love her laugh. None of us wanted to ruin the moment. "Stop, Alex stop." She snorted and tried to wriggle out of his arms. 

"Bosses." Our new guard, Matthew, spoke. He was ex-military and seemed to be a good fit for Julia. She's sick of young guys telling her what to do, also, from the text we got from Butterfingers, she already likes him. Alex let Julia go and stared at us. Julia huffed and moved her hair from her face. She gave Alex one last shove before looking at Mitchell and I. 

"I need to give you a name, give me time to think of one." She looked at Matthew and he nodded. "And you two," She pointed at Mitchell and I. Oh, god. What did we do now? "Don't ever threaten my two boys again. Ever. They stay." Alex and Butterfingers made eye contact and swallowed. Alex shook his head, but it was too late. Mitchell and I looked at each other, I guess she knows then. 

"I thought we were your boys?" Mitchell said in a melancholy tone.

"Past tense, Michelle. You have to earn that title back. For now, it rests in the hands of my two favorite people in this stupid house." Mitchell ground his teeth at her, normally we would be yelling at her for disrespect in front of our people, and calling Mitchell, Michelle. "You're already on my s*** list, don't push it." She pointed to the two. "Off. Limits." What sparked this change in her? Normally, she would have just walked away. When she walked out of the room, I let out the breath I had been holding in. She's going to make Mitchell and I really beg for her back. If that's what we need to do, then that's the plan.

Julia's POV

Time seemed to be passing so slowly. I managed to get most all of my homework done within four hours, then start on new material. I decided to take a break from doing the work and went downstairs to the kitchen. Men were all over the house, no women except me. Typical. 

"Miss, it's past lunchtime now. Would you like me to cook you something?" It was that nice guard again. Who is this man? How is he working for the boys...

"Do you like tea?" He seemed confused that I answered with a question.