Chapter 25

It has been a week since everything happened. Stiles locked himself in his room, wanting to drown the world out. Scott has tried to talk to him many times, his mother begs the boy to eat and shower every day, and Derek, he's left Stiles alone, he knows that he's the last person Stiles would want to see right now. Stiles lays in bed playing with the small black stuff wolf looking into its blue eyes with a sigh. Throwing the toy across the room, when there's a knock on his bedroom door.

"Stiles, honey, you have a visitor." His mother says from the other side. "It's a girl named Laura." Laura, he doesn't know a girl named Laura.

"I don't know anyone named Laura." He said, not moving from his place on the bed.

"She's a friend of Scott's." Scott, that was a name he wasn't ready to hear still. "Stiles, she might know something that you want to hear." There was nothing that Stiles wanted to hear more than this was all just a big nightmare, and he was going to wake up soon.

Slowly Stiles moved from his bed pulling on a clean shirt and opening the door to find his mother and a girl with dark hair standing on the other side. "I'll leave you two alone." Mrs. Stilinski said quickly, moving back down the stairs. Stiles gestured for the girl to enter his room standing out of the way.

"Who are you?" He asked, closing the door and staring the girl down. Dark brown hair that was almost black but in the right lighting you knew it was brown, green eyes that looked almost familiar, she bled confidence.

"Laura Hale." Her smile was almost wicked. Not in a bad way, it was more of an 'I'm not what you were expecting' way.

Stiles sighed, taking a seat on the edge of his bed, running a hand over his face. "If you're here to talk me into going with you to your house and talking with your brother and the rest of your pack you don't have too."

"Not exactly what I'm here for, but continue." Laura gave Stiles a mostly confused look.

"I want this all to be a horrible nightmare, I do. Though in this past week I've realized how bad I've always wanted this. I've been the weird kid that no one wanted to be friends with, the kid who didn't do any sport or anything because he didn't want his parents to hear anything more than what they already did. I have always been the Wolf Boy and I never, well, I never let myself try and understand, I just wanted to be normal." Stiles looked over at his desk a picture of him, and Scott sat, they couldn't have been any older than 10, they had the biggest toothy grins on their mud-covered faces. That was maybe one of the most normal feeling days that he'd ever had.

"I'm ready to understand. I'm ready to know why I can walk up to a wolf, and it wouldn't hurt me. I'm ready to understand why people are scared of me." Stiles looked at Laura, who was smiling.

"Then it looks like I didn't even need to come here. Come by the house when you want. We'll be waiting, don't be scared no one will hurt you. Derek, nor the rest of us, would let anything happen to you." Laura smirked walking to Stiles door.

"Is that why there is always someone standing at the tree line every night?" Stiles chuckled. Laura turned on her heel to look at him while shaking her head. She liked this one, he was good.