Chapter 19

Derek couldn't hear what Deaton was saying while Scott was carrying him away. He started letting himself heal while changing back into his human form once Scott set him down, running to grab him a change of clothing. Derek sat on the examination room floor, watching himself heal, starting to feel better finally.

"How are you feeling?" Scott asked, handing Derek a set of sweats.

"Better now that I can heal. Trying to hold it off was killing me." Derek sighed quickly sliding the clothes on. He heard Stiles Jeep pull away from the clinic; it pained him to let Stiles think that he was hurt more than what he was.

Deaton walked into the room, looking Derek over before pulling him into a hug. "I'm so happy to see that you're okay. We've all been so worried." He said, smiling at Derek.

"You too Deaton, I'm happy to be home." Derek weakly smiled back.

"But you're living a lie." Deaton sighed.

"How much did you tell him?" Derek asked, looking to Scott.

"I told him everything that I knew. I had too." Scott sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I almost called your sister but figured that your family could use a good surprise right now." Derek nodded; he wanted to be the one to tell his family that he was back.

"We should see them soon." Derek sighed. He was almost scared.

"First, we need to talk about you." Deaton looked at Derek, giving him a sad, worried look. "How long are you going to keep that boy in the dark? You're going to make it harder and harder as the days go on, Derek." Deaton sighed, looking for an old book on his desk.

"I just, I need to try something, see something before I tell him." Derek looked to his hands. He wasn't even sure it was going to work, but he had to try.

"Be careful. You don't want to scare him." Deaton says coming back with a small leather-bound book in his hands. The Hale family symbol was pressed into the leather. Derek watched as he flipped through the pages stopping on one of the last ones. "You'll be the first of your siblings to find their mate; there is a ritual normally."

"I know. Let me figure out how to explain everything. We'll get into all of the mumbo jumbos another time." Derek sighed, looking to Scott. "We should go to my family." Scott only nodded walking out of the clinic. Derek and Deaton exchanged farewells, and Derek was right behind Scott stripping the clothing and shifting. He held out the clothing to Scott, who took them tying it to his bike for Derek when they make it to the Hale preserve.

Derek ran through the native forest with Scott right behind him. Derek moved through shortcuts and found new ones that he could smell his sisters' scents on. There were many other scents that he didn't know, but they felt friendly. Those must my the new Betas that Scott was telling him about.

It wasn't long before they arrived on the Hale preserve, Derek ran through it only coming to a stop when his family's house was still just out of sight. Scott came to a halt next to him, handing him the clothing as Derek shifted back. "I'll ride with you from here," Derek said, sitting behind Scott on his dirtbike. Scott slowly rode through the forest and stopped outside of the Hale house.