v. In My Dreams

~ Kay's POV ~

"What are you gonna do? Nikki would flip if he knew about this," Vince said. "Maybe you should talk to him...you want me to go find him?" Vince spat out the string of words like vomit.

"No!" I said harshly. "I can't even believe I told you." I couldn't help but let myself be rude in this situation.

"I think Nikki would want to know if he's going to have a kid," Vince said sternly, approaching me calmly, sitting next to me at the foot of the bed.

"What if it's not Nikki's?" I said, feeling the anger and uncertainty return to my hands, my fingers, all the way to my fingertips. I felt like I was going numb.

"Who's would it be then?" He was completely clueless as to what I meant.

"You're the only other person that I've been with," I said, squeezing my hands tightly. I felt my nails painfully digging into my skin but I kept squeezing, helping me release the built up tension.

"I wrapped my shit up," Vince said confidently.

"Really?" I asked, a feeling of relief washed over me at his words.

"Been down that road already and I'm not going back, believe me," he said, chuckling, but I didn't get the joke. "Why don't you just take a test already?"

"I don't have any money for one," I said, looking down at my knees and wondering how I had possibly gotten myself into this situation. What a mess.

"Why didn't you just say so?" He said, reaching into the back pocket of his jeans. He handed me a fifty dollar bill and I accepted it graciously, even though a test would be a lot less money.

"Thanks, Vince," I said, wondering what the hell I was going to do if it turned out to be positive.

"I'm sure you want to be alone, huh?" He asked, hopefully.

"Yeah," I said, closing my eyes lightly as I nodded. "You should go, Tommy is probably gonna be mad at you."

"Eh, probably," he said, rising up from the bed and shrugging his shoulders. "We'll just be downstairs in case you uh...need anything." He flashed me a smile before stepping out of the room and I turned to look down at the bill in my hands.

I quickly jolted up and headed out the door, on a mission to get myself a test. I wanted to know as soon as possible. Hell, I needed to know.

Within ten minutes or so, I was in the bathroom of the pharmacy, staring at the box that I had just purchased. My heart was pounding out of my chest as I read the instructions. In 5 minutes I was going to know whether or not my entire life was about to be different or not. I waited for the results as various things crossed my mind:

I haven't thought at all about Nikki. I know he's going to expect me to talk to him soon and I wasn't ready because I still had no idea how any of it made me feel.

What if it was positive? I didn't want a baby, I'm still a teenager. Nikki's older than me, but he's even less suited to have a kid than I am. I mean, he can't even keep his pants up when I'm not around. I hated wondering what it would be like if he were to raise the kid with me. I got chills at the thought as I gazed at the test gripped in my fist.

Ugh, I couldn't believe that damn Nikki. I bet he's out at some party doing even more girls, not even thinking about me anymore. Why did he even care if I left when he didn't seem to want anything to do with me anyway? Surely, I realize this after I'm probably knocked up or have some sort of gross disease from all of the unprotected sex we've been having.