Love Me Love Me {A Kendall Schmidt Love Story} Chapter 7

**Kendall's P.O.V**

“She's in recovery,” Dr. Annette says. “When can we see her?” I ask. “When she wakes up, I'll come get you,” she says. “Okay,” I reply. I’m relieved that she's out of surgery and the doctor acted as if everything was fine so I assume it must be. “I heard you were out here singing and causing quite a ruckus,” she says with a smile. “Yes ma'am,” James says. “I heard it was great,” she says. The other guys and I share a smile.

When the doctor leaves I sit back down and begin thinking. My thoughts lead me to Katelyn. I hope she doesn't do anything crazy. I can't believe I was dumb enough to go out with her again. I got myself and my friends in danger by doing it.

**Adriana's P.O.V**

I’m awake. Well, not exactly awake, but conscious. You know when you're just waking up from surgery and you're awake but it's impossible to move or speak? That's where I am. I hate this feeling. I want to be awake and go see Kendall and James. I wonder how long I've been out...

I finally manage to get my eyes open and look around. I’m in a big room with beds along the wall and nurses walking around. One sees that I’m awake and comes over. “Hi, honey, are you feeling okay?” the middle-aged woman with red hair and soft brown eyes asks. “I guess. I’m kinda numb and groggy,” I say. “That's normal. You're not in pain?” she asks. “My stomach kinda hurts, but not like it hurt before,” I say.

“That's great,” she says with a smile. “Can I go back to my room now?” I ask her. She nods and writes something on a clipboard. A few seconds later a different lady is wheeling me away. When she gets me back in the bed I was in before the surgery, I’m wide awake. I thank the woman for bringing me back and she leaves.

There's a light knock on the door. “Come in,” I say. The door opens and Kendall walks in. Damn, he looks sexy, I think. “Hey baby,” he says softly. “Hey,” I reply. He comes over and sits on the bed beside me. “You okay?” he asks. “Yeah. I feel loads better than I did before,” I say. “You look better too,” he says with that look that drives me crazy. I giggle. “What?” he asks. “You,” I say.

“Me?” he asks. “You're...” I trail off, not wanting to admit it. “Tell me,” he says. I shake my head and blush. He gently scoots over and lies down beside me. He slides his arm behind me head, making my feelings get even stronger. “Tell me,” he says again. “You're making me horny,” I say, blushing. “That's a good thing,” he says with a wink. “No it's not. I’m hurt so I can't...you know,” I say. He chuckles.

I kiss him. Hard. He fails to hide his surprise, but recovers quickly by putting his hand in my hair and kissing me back. I slide my tongue into his mouth and feel him smiling through the kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck as he pulls back to look into my eyes. “I've missed this,” he says with a small smile. “Me too,” I say, grinning. He kisses me.

We kiss until we hear someone clear their throat. I jump. “Adriana, I see you're feeling better,” Dr. Annette says with a sly grin. Kendall laughs aloud; I blush. “She's doing fine,” Kendall says. “Good. You can go home in the morning,” she directs her attention to me. “Awesome,” I say with a smile. “But you'll need someone to stay with you at all times in case something happens,” she says.

“I'll be with her,” Kendall says automatically. “He or James will stay with me,” I say, making sure James is included. She nods and walks away. “I need to ask you something,” Kendall says. “Yeah?” I ask. “Will you move back in with me?” he asks. I shrug and look away. He doesn't say anything for a moment. It's the longest moment of my entire life. I slowly look at him again. He looks hurt and sad. “Kendall?” I ask. He looks at me with those gorgeous hurt-filled green eyes. “I want to say yes, but...James,” I say.