Chapter 7

I went home after PE and no one was home so I grabbed a burrito out of the freezer and locked myself in my room upstairs. I tried to do my homework despite the nurses warnings but after a five minute attempt I decided against it. I placed my burrito by the window in hopes that it would thaw into edibleness and threw myself onto my bed. Only after I thumped down on the bed did I realize violent movements like that may not be such a good idea for a little while. I rolled over and groaned into my pillow.

I pulled out my phone and dialed casey's number.

"Hello?" I heard her voice say on the other end.

"Hey nerd." I said and she laughed.

"Well hello there my pathological liar." She wasn't funny but I found it kinda cute.

"I have a plan."

"Oh dear. Go ahead."

"No seriously I think this will work."

"Please do tell."

"I'm going to talk to Mike."

"MIke?"

"The bartender."

"I thought you said he didn't knowyou existed."

"He doesn't. But that's besides the point. I'm going to tell him everything."

"Okay, that's good Quinn but if you don't mind me asking, why the bartender?"

"Maybe I wasn't being totally truthful when I told you about him."

I sighed this wasn't going to be an easy conversation.

"What do you mean?"

"I started drinking that summer to Case," She tried to interrupt but I wouldn't let her, "When my mom died, I made a fake ID and started going to the bar with my dad. I was the one who got kyle started, I made his ID, I took him the first time. He didn't have as high tolerance as I did though and very quickly he bacame alcoholic. That's when I stopped drinking, when I realized what I had done to him. I stopped because I thought if I stopped he would to but dad kept taking him and it got worse. The first time they hit me was a couple weeks before school started. They were both really drunk and my dad said that me and kyle had to fight each other now. He said we were 'big boys' and that's what men did. So my brother walked up to me and punched me hard in the abdomen. I refused to fight back so he hit me on the side of the head and I fell. He kicked my chin hard and I started choking on blood from my tongue. My dad scoffed rolled me over and they both walked away laughing," I realized I had gotten completely sidetracked this concussion thing was really screwing with me, "Anyways Mike does know me and hes a good guy, I think I can get him to help."

"Quinn I..." Her voice was shaking.

"You don't have to say anything Case, I'm sorry you had to hear all that. That was unnecassary." 

She took a deep breath into the phone. "You feeling okay still?"

"Ya." I wanted to see her.

"Are you safe for tonight?"

"I locked the door."

"Aliright."

"See you tommorow Case."

"I love you."

"Love you too nerd."

She hung up.