Chapter 11

*Michael’s POV*

Master Ebon gave them the thumbs-up to attack the enemy base. As they hoped, we didn’t need additional backup thanks to what’s-his-face.

“Mike,” Mickey whispered.

“What, Maddie?”

“What’s wrong? You look like you’re thinking about something.” She was right; something was bugging me.

“I just can’t figure out how he knows who we are,” I whispered back.

“You’re right. That is weird,” she agreed. I almost put my earbuds in so I could tune them all out, but then Ray stood up.

“All right, guys! Let’s do this!” We all crept up to different parts of the fortress and forced our way in. Mickey almost immediately covered her ears. Alarms started blaring.

“Mike, can’t you hear it?” she whimpered.

“Yes, the alarms hurt my ears too!” I retorted.

“Not that! It’s horrible!” Soon, the horrible sound reached my ears: screams. What was more horrifying was the fact that they soon stopped.

*Caspar’s POV*

I was almost done draining my brother’s energy when the alarms went off, drowning out the music of his screams.

“What’s going on?” I demanded through my earpiece.

“Six wizards have forced their way in! They appear to be from Phoenix Tear!” My blood boiled at that. I glared at the now-limp body of my brother; he was either dead or unconscious. Regardless, the draining process was complete.

“Do whatever it takes to get rid of those wizards!” I ordered, “and start the magic transfusion into Subject 13.” Rage engulfed my body as I gazed at Sheridan again. The mysterious Phoenix Tear had the nerve to visit, huh? Even on the brink of death, he mocks me! I drew my magic handgun and emptied my paralyzing bullets into his body. I smiled cruelly as blood started leaking from his mouth. The door slammed open behind me.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” a girl’s voice shrieked. I smirked and turned to see two teenagers: a blue-tipped blonde in pink and a white-haired catgirl in gold.

“You ladies certainly are quick. Too bad it was all in vain.” Their eyes darkened with negative emotions: hatred for me and worry for Sheridan. But I’ll make sure that they won’t get him back alive.

*Ray’s POV*

Lynx muttered a string of profanity under her breath as she glared at the freak. Looks like she just got a new scratching post.

“You try to help Sheridan-san while I sharpen my claws on this guy,” she whispered to me. However, before either of us could move, we were forced down with gravity.

“Quite frankly, I’ve never heard much about your guild. I only knew that it was the guild my dear brother was in,” he taunted us. I smiled back, throwing him off.

“Some people are just too cool for the popular clubs!” I said, “SKY ANGEL… PULSE!” I used the attack on the ground to counteract the gravity, sending me and Lynx up in the air.

“GOLDEN EXCEED… GROWL!” Her breath attack knocked him off his feet.

“Ray, go!” she yelled at me, then charged at the guy again, “GOLDEN EXCEED PAW!” I nodded and used the opening to get to Sheridan-san.

“SKY ANGEL ARROW!” I cut through the straps restraining him and pulled out the blood-soaked gag, then laid him gently on the floor. He was hurt really bad; the way his face was marred, it seemed like he was crying tears of blood. He was alive - but barely. I couldn’t sense any magic energy from him.