Chapter 6

*Ebon’s POV*

About two weeks after Team Psionic left for their job, they returned to the guild with Princess Alistair!

“Look who’s back!” Cole sang out.

“Hi, Master!” Emerson greeted me with a huge smirk on his face. Marek and Ray ran up to him.

“Brother!” Marek yelled, hugging him.

“What happened to ‘a week at most’, huh?” Ray teased, “You have to let me do your hair as punishment!” His smirk disappeared at that.

“Make sure you take lots of pictures!” Maya laughed, watching the scene.

“Can we help?”

“Please?” A white dragon and a black dragon flew out of Alistair’s hair, begging to participate.

“I hate you all,” Emerson glared at them.

“You know you love us,” Ray said, kissing his cheek. He wiped it off in disgust.

“Ebon-kun,” Opal nudged me. I recognized that look: you have a job to do.

“I know,” I whispered back. Skylar walked up before I could say anything.

“Let me guess! You wanna know why Princess what’s-her-face is here and what the deal is with the tiny dragons,” he said.

“I can hear you, you know,” Princess Alistair said, punching him in the shoulder.

“Yes…” I said, waiting for more.

“Oh yeah, let me introduce you to Master Alistair E. Fiore of the Dragon’s Den,” Cole slid in, “and Ally, this is Master Ebon Faven of the great Phoenix Tear.”

“Thank you, Cole, for that completely over-dramatic and unnecessary introduction,” I said witheringly, then turned to Alistair, “so you’re a guild master now?”

“Apparently. In case you’re wondering, I cleared things up with my old man. Turned out, he was cool with just knowing I was healthy and happy. He still gave those yahoos their reward, and they dragged me back here to meet you,” she explained.

“I apologize for their behavior.”

“Still more polite than my crew of crazy dragons. All fourteen of them.” I was about to ask what she meant when Amya ran up.

“Daddy, are those real dragons?” she asked all starry-eyed.

“Yes, sweetie. They are.”

“Here,” Alistair took a sleepy one out from inside her jacket, “this is my friend Dream. She’s the calmest of them all.” Amya carefully cradled the tiny dragon in her hands.

“She’s so pretty,” she said in awe.

“You’re prettier, little girl,” Dream replied sleepily. Amya’s eyes boggled and she sat down, talking to it some more.

“I wanna play too!” a red dragon complained, joining them. Opal, Alistair, and I laughed as we watched the three of them. After a few minutes, Alistair left the rest of her dragons with either Amya or the Bludra siblings, then she and I went to a quieter part of the guild to talk things over - as guild masters.